Active Topics

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I used the /home/user/.local/share/sounds structure

sounds won't override default sounds!?

I tested it with others too but won't work.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Hey guys,

has someybody got backups from all the 48x48 (and maybe scaleable) icons and would mind uploading them? That would be great.

Regards.

Here is what desktop shortcuts look like without tile backgrounds (actually, transparent tiles). This allows you to get shortcuts closer together, while still looking nice and not interfering with one another. I've also attached two shortcut tile backgrounds I made by modding the original background tile from the default theme, along with the circuit board wallpaper if you would like to use it. I just copy the tile I want to the relevant theme images directory and overwrite the existing file (after making a backup):
/user/share/themes/YOURTHEME/images/ApplicationShorcutApplet.png
One tile in the .zip is the transparent tile, while the other is a simple wire frame with a transparent center.
After replacing the existing ApplicationShortcutApplet.png, just reboot or switch to a different theme and then back to see the changes.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Circuits and Tiles.zip (148.6 KB, 833 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
Here is something for those of you that want some different UI sounds. I compiled a bunch of modern Star Trek UI sounds from various free collections on the web and used them as source material for n900 UI sounds. They are not "over the top" sci-fi sounds, as all sounds were created from source sounds designed specifically as UI sounds on the Star Trek shows. I did my best to EQ/edit/compress/normalize/pan each sound so that they correspond perfectly with their associated visual animation/transition and all mesh together well volume-wise. I use Cakewalk Sonar. Each of the sounds is actually only a fraction of the original source sound, since most of them were too long or "busy" to be used as a repetitive UI sounds. Sounds replaced are;
Window Open, Window Close, Virtual Keyboard launch, Charging started, Information note (ex. Application Installed), Confirmation note (ex. Are you sure you want to delete?), Camera focus sound, Camera shutter sound.
I made several attempts to create different touchscreen and keyboard sounds, but I couldn't come up with anything that was as minimal as the current "clicks" while still sounding futuristic. I tried various short, high to mid range beeps or chirps, but they all started to sound annoying after a while. The sounds are already named properly, and are ready to be copied into the /usr/share/sounds directory (don't forget to backup the original directory first). Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip n900 futuristic UI sounds 1 - part 1.zip (119.8 KB, 352 views)
File Type: zip n900 futuristic UI sounds 1 - part 2.zip (420.8 KB, 335 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by chrisxpred View Post
Hey guys,

has someybody got backups from all the 48x48 (and maybe scaleable) icons and would mind uploading them? That would be great.

Regards.
Here are all icons, I just zipped the entire dir for you.

have fun with them, and remember to always backup before you change things!

http://www.borreltje.nl/n900/icons.zip

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Borreltje For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You can't - MyDocs is FAT32 and that doesn't support symlinks. You have to do it the other way round - move /home/user/.local/share to MyDocs, then create a symlink in /home/user/.local.

What I'd probably do (to keep things clear from the PC end) is:
Code:
mkdir -p MyDocs/Icons/scalable
mkdir -p MyDocs/Icons/48x48
mkdir -p .local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable
mkdir -p .local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48
ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/icons/scalable .local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon
ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/icons/48x48 .local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon
Note: I've not tested this, so it may not work!
I did,

sudo gainroot

/home/user # mkdir -p MyDocs/Icons
/home/user # ls -s /home/user/MyDocs/Icons .local/share/icons

I just want too add files too /home/user/MyDocs/Icons that it wil be added too .local/share/icons from usb storage mode too make it easy for people modifying their icons that have no knowledge.

It does not work.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by CarstenDutch View Post
I used the /home/user/.local/share/sounds structure

sounds won't override default sounds!?

I tested it with others too but won't work.
not sure whats happening there but
i used the instructions: get xterminal, rootosh and MC
tipe in xterminal sudo gainroot
than mc
search yr way there, backup what u wanna change
and chnge it

(sometimes MC gives me red screen too but htats just to scare us off it does it for us anyway)

I just want too make a easy file structure thats all

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Hi guys, here we go im not sure what ive done but i managed to corupt one of the files!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this pic for error....

Please does anyone have original and btw know where does it supose to go?????

Kind regards
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to andy_x_net For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread