Notices

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
This app has now enough votes for promotion to Extras. Thanks for all your votes!

Now we just need to wait for the quarantine time to end...
Great job Sasler!

The Following User Says Thank You to JustCallMeJoe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
Hey Sasler,
I have 'my menu' installed on my N900 which sorts all my shortcuts into a few folders rather than a long list where you have to press more to get to new apps installed.

your app appears in 'other' ... would it not make more sense for it to appear in 'office' or 'learn&science' ??
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
I see your point, but according to the guidelines from the development wiki, is should put this app to utilities and there it is. It seems that MY Menu is missing that. Maybe the developer of My Menu should add that.
I just installed Catorise and there it is correctly under Utilities.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
uninstalled 'my menu' and installed 'catorise'

The Following User Says Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
For me Currency converter is under Learn&Science with MyMenu.

Sasler your welcome, as I voted for the app, then thought to do a bit more thorough usability test, including the bells and whistles.

The Following User Says Thank You to Meelis For This Useful Post:
Currency Converter is now available in Extras. Here is the Download page. Please review it.

I will start working on the update as soon as possible. In the mean time, please post here any improvement suggestions you may have.

Once again, thank you for your support and votes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Excellent work on this application. It is easy to use, and does what it is meant to do without too much end-user tweaking. I even found the tip and tax calculator more useful than I thought it would be.

In terms of UI improvement, there really isn't anything I would change--it is clean and functional.

In terms of added functionality, perhaps the addition of alternative currency rate sources could be explored. For example, other applications use sources like the IMF or the Bank of Canada. I think that the available currencies using the ECB source will be adequate for most people (it is for me), but perhaps offering an alternative may improve coverage for users who need a currency not covered by ECB.

Also, you should consider adding some very basic conversions for situations a traveler may encounter: for example, basic imperial to metric measurement, clothing/shoe size, and temperature. I do realize that other applications exist for measurement conversion, but it would be nice to have the basic conversions a traveler would need all in a single application--if simplicity can be maintained. Again, the beauty of your application is its simplicity--if additional conversion capability introduces too much bloat, then it may not be worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Sasler is it possible for a widget on a desktop that displays currencey maybe 3 different ones and updates automatickly?

The Following User Says Thank You to amorek13 For This Useful Post:
The best so far... Love it!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to radiowc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
This looks great. I don't think I'll bother implementing currency conversions for Gonvert after seeing this.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
In terms of added functionality, perhaps the addition of alternative currency rate sources could be explored. For example, other applications use sources like the IMF or the Bank of Canada. I think that the available currencies using the ECB source will be adequate for most people (it is for me), but perhaps offering an alternative may improve coverage for users who need a currency not covered by ECB..
I did some searching and found Time Genie as possible additional source for exchange rates. They also use Euro as the base currency, which would make my work easier. These are the currencies they have. They are missing some crucial European currencies, but by combining this with ECB should provide a rather good coverage. I will start working on this as soon as I can.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post: