I am a N900 owner and use to work with opensuse in my computer. I remember that sometime ago I saw a video about this matter but with ubuntu.

someone knows if it possible to use the N900 as modem for computer running in opensuse?

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
If you can in ubuntu, you can in opensuse, or any other linux distro.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Originally Posted by acano View Post
I am a N900 owner and use to work with opensuse in my computer. I remember that sometime ago I saw a video about this matter but with ubuntu.

someone knows if it possible to use the N900 as modem for computer running in opensuse?
It's supposed to "just work" in ubuntu, but I had to do some manual stuff in CentOS.

I took a note of the procedure I used in CentOS - redhat based, unlike suse, I'm afraid. But maybe it would help to give you some ideas, or at least some google fodder

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...465#post426465

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
It does "just work" in Ubuntu, I connected it to my netbook, just selected the pc suite option and connected 1st time

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint-Petersburg, Russia
I use OpenSuse11.2 and N900 works as modem like any other mobile phones. Just do it!

I connected the phone to opensuse but it did not work. does it work when I am connected by wifi, or does it only work with 3G?