Active Topics

Does anyone know if it is ,or for that mater will be, possible o write sms in portrait mode using a vr keyboard?? An app or something that will allow you to switch between layouts etc?

Is it in the works, or is it being considered...?

Cheers

Originally Posted by DeboX View Post
Does anyone know if it is ,or for that mater will be, possible o write sms in portrait mode using a vr keyboard?? An app or something that will allow you to switch between layouts etc?

Cheers
Definately needed, is getting to be a pain - likewise for internet browsing being able to in portrait but not being able to enter text or go back etc unless turning to landscape is annoying.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobileuser For This Useful Post:
Aye, love the phone but it's not very "one hand use" friendly

no one handed writing with t9 sucks :-(

now ive been using the phone more and more I would like to see a portrait mode sms function

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Just a portrait mode keyboard to begin with would be awesome. The applications could then follow with rotation support - this has already been implemented in the browser but you have to flip back to landscape mode to use the keyboard.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicag0land.
how do i get my browser to go into portrait mode? do i have to change something in settings? i don't see anything but might have missed it?

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by phrique View Post
how do i get my browser to go into portrait mode? do i have to change something in settings? i don't see anything but might have missed it?
if you have the latest firmware (PR1.1) just press ctrl-shift-o in the browser and you'll activate automatic orientation detection ( i.e., if you rotate your phone the browser should rotate). the same to deactivate. beware that this is an 'easter egg' and not really ready for prime time. some stuff won't work while in portrait mode.
I actually deactivated this function as I prefer the portrait mode.

tiago

The Following User Says Thank You to tpaixao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
any news about this issues???
SMS is a phone feature,and phone features should be in portrait mode.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by DeboX View Post

Cheers
I wonder about that as well. Sygic went into the trouble of programming their own virtual keyboard to use within their maps application. Works in both portrait and landscape modes.

That Sygic did, for a single application, makes it quite fascinating that Nokia hasn´t done so since they´re making the whole phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post: