Greetings all,

On my N900 I can connect to most APs easily (save for the known WEP issue), even the so-called "WPA Setup Compliant" (WSC) (I believe that's what it's called, none are nearby right now to check).

The issue I have is when there is an open, unencrypted wifi connection on a router that supports the WSC (pub, coffee shop, etc), my N900 requires that I use the WSC process. This means pressing a button on the router, which isn't always possible. Is there a way to bypass this and simple connect to the open router? Is it possible to disable the use of WSC completely?

Kind regards,

Toaster

Bumping because I would like to know that as well.
________
Jaguar xjs history

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:18.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
I have the same problem an couldn't find a solution yet.
Thanks for any hints!

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
You should be able to setup WPS AP manually from control panel if you cannot push AP button or input pin code in AP. So go to control panel and then "Internet connections" -> Connections -> New, and then create AP data manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to jukkar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by jukkar View Post
You should be able to setup WPS AP manually from control panel if you cannot push AP button or input pin code in AP. So go to control panel and then "Internet connections" -> Connections -> New, and then create AP data manually.
I wasn't able to do this with my home WPS AP. It would only connect to that router after pushing the button. Really irritating as it wasn't working correctly on the router so I couldn't use wifi.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Finally had a chance to test this, jukkar suggestion worked well, thanks!

Kind regards,

Toaster