Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Yes still a bit slow but with this pace they are soon ahead.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by slender View Post
still bit slow but not far away.
Thanks. I am not getting it until the browsing speed gets improved. It took at least 3 mins to load a mere cnn.com page the last time I used it... And did I say it froze the N900 as a result and had to reboot?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Actually this is quite good, but when pages are loading it really crawls and it misses sometimes taps, but after awhile its nice and scrolling feels smooth. So better threading might solve things.

cnn took for me (wlan) ~8s and ~5s extra to go smooth. BTW. flash is disabled (FYI i have hosts blocking which might speed things)

Disabling Flash does improve things (especially on sites like the nytimes). Still no real competition for the wonderful MicroB as it's still quite sluggish. Does seem to be more stable than the last release candidate that used to always crash after loading a couple of sites. Good to see that they are still plugging away at it.

Makes me really wonder what Chrome would be like on the N900. I'd love to see Google provide some competition on Maemo, as well.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
It seems quite a bit faster now though I can't get Weave to sync.

Got a respectable 93/100 on the Acid 3 test on my N800

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmmm. I have had problems with microb when clicking link and it selects it but wont open. It feels after quick test that actually fennec is doing better job on this area. Any others noticing this?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
issues with some flash content.
doesn't have flash 8 even !

glad to hear it's getting better....I will reinstall it to play with it...I really want it to get better and faster....

Originally Posted by Keir View Post
issues with some flash content.
doesn't have flash 8 even !
They disabled plugin support due to some issue that they're investigating now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...