Active Topics

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by sdesai View Post
Well if you want 3G connectivity going on your phone then thats available only on MTNL and BSNL for now. Otherwise other things u can get with airtel, vodafone , aircel etc.
Do you know if I would be able to get it on a month to month basis nd what should I expect to pay?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Do you know if I would be able to get it on a month to month basis nd what should I expect to pay?
You can get 2GB internet with Airtel for Rs 98/month that is around $2.11/month.See here http://www.airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect...paid/Services/ Change your region to "Mumbai" and see the plans.The Airtel internet service is known as "Mobile Office".Airtel currently does not provide 3G.You will get EDGE.Airtel provides better internet speed than other providers.I'm getting around 180 kbps on EDGE.

Last edited by plaban; 2010-01-28 at 06:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
Well i got my n900 last month..put in my simcard..and gprs was enabled..ive had a gprs connection for the past 6yrs...thus i have a really cheap plan for unlimited data on Airtel..but Aircel offerec a Rs. 98 / month with unlimited data...people could try that...i have even connected it to my computer to use it as a DUN and it works with no extra charge...

The Following User Says Thank You to lohiaprateek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
hi buddies. here is my story..
i bought my phone on 19dec from a mobile dealer. the grey market price i paid is 34000rs. well cheap than for wht i paid for the second phone that arrived from Uk for 40000Rs.
i have been excited since day 1 when nokia announced it. and now i am a proud owner of it.

well i had problmes with gprs thing at first. i use vodafone and the data package sucked big time from vodafone. as it is 2G and nothing more it can offer. . than finally MTNL 3G was there and i got one for my N900 and now i am live nytime when i am out in mumbai. indoor i use wifi.

guys for vodafone and airtel u wil have to manually input the proxy setting to get it started.

well only thing i hate is the battery life. well rest is good. hope developers get more apps and fix bugs for all of our N900.

any questions. pls fell free to ask. have fun

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
I think I am the only unlucky fellow here. I bought the N900 before anyone else (I was in the very first batch of Amazon). I got it delivered to my friend in the US who received it for me on the Dec 4th. And the sad story is that till now, it hasn't reached me. I am expecting it this week. I even took a BSNL 3G SIM in the mean time.

In the US itself I got it shipped to 2 different places which cost me more than 50+ dollars I am Very Very Sad & Disappointed.

Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
so sorry to hear that. but even i had bitter experience.. i had booked mine in nov in uk and my friend was suppose to get it on first week of dec. but his plans got delayed and in the end the phone arrived in grey market and less 6grands less . well happens.

Originally Posted by Siddarth View Post
hi buddies. here is my story..
i bought my phone on 19dec from a mobile dealer. the grey market price i paid is 34000rs. well cheap than for wht i paid for the second phone that arrived from Uk for 40000Rs.
i have been excited since day 1 when nokia announced it. and now i am a proud owner of it.

well i had problmes with gprs thing at first. i use vodafone and the data package sucked big time from vodafone. as it is 2G and nothing more it can offer. . than finally MTNL 3G was there and i got one for my N900 and now i am live nytime when i am out in mumbai. indoor i use wifi.

guys for vodafone and airtel u wil have to manually input the proxy setting to get it started.

well only thing i hate is the battery life. well rest is good. hope developers get more apps and fix bugs for all of our N900.

any questions. pls fell free to ask. have fun
hi buddy.!
i also own an n900 UK device from the 3rd of december.
yes u r right i had to manually do the proxy settings for vodafone gprs. The only problem im facing till now is that the GPS does not connect when i use it thru gprs. Else the gprs works absolutely fine.
While connecting thru Wifi the gps connects almost instantly.
Are you facing a similar problem.??

regards

somekeystrokes

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
My GPS works find with Airtel EDGE connection

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
hi guys. i hav been using this phone for 2 months now..n i lov every bit of it..i lov the video quality, hav seen arnd 20 movies on this as i travel a lot..i use vodafone delhi..gprs is gud..at home n ofc i use wifi..my home pc crashed 2 weeks back n i hvnt bothered getting it up as this phone serves me browsing needs..am using my phone only to type this..i hv no probs wid d battery ever since i updated to d new firmware..lasts 2 days now wid wifi n all...its d best i cud get at 26k..all i need to know is can i get a cud screen guard for it here in india..currently am using a very cheap sticky one..need something gud

Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
hi guys. i hav been using this phone for 2 months now..n i lov every bit of it..i lov the video quality, hav seen arnd 20 movies on this as i travel a lot..i use vodafone delhi..gprs is gud..at home n ofc i use wifi..my home pc crashed 2 weeks back n i hvnt bothered getting it up as this phone serves me browsing needs..am using my phone only to type this..i hv no probs wid d battery ever since i updated to d new firmware..lasts 2 days now wid wifi n all...its d best i cud get at 26k..all i need to know is can i get a cud screen guard for it here in india..currently am using a very cheap sticky one..need something gud
Scratch guard u can find original on ebay.in. I thin if u put n900 on that u get only one scratch guard and that one you can buy. Comes for 399Rs and the seller is also the best seller so delivery will be on time.