Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Erlangen
I also build a cifs module before finding this thread and posted it here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...541#post486541

It's build for the latest pr1.1 firmware, not sure if the ones in this thread are as well.

Also I did not experience the need of having an own mount command, I was able to use the mount shipped with n900 to mount cifs shares by providing the -t cifs option.

Also - if I understand it right then there is no package yet for the kernel module, or did i miss that message? If there is none yet, I'd try to create a package when I have time.

thanks for the revision - I hope it points people to a useful work-around.

The versions (cifs, ntfs, nls_utf8) which are in extras-testing works on both Pr 1.0 and 1.1.

Nathan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Oh, and with truecrypt; the one now packaged in extras-testing does not need the -m nokernelcrypto command line anymore. I set that as a "default". No point in making people type something that can be set to default. ( This is the ONLY change I did to the truecrypt source code, and for those who want to verify; pull the source from the repository and do a simple compare from the official 6.3a release on truecrypt.org. ;-D )

Nathan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
so, is there any chance of a gui app for mounting shares?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oweng For This Useful Post:
Yes, I'm actually testing Wizard Mounter right now. It works pretty darn well. Their is one issue that I am looking into; and then I believe the author of it will release it.

Nathan
P.s. I know it is hard to be patience when you have to mount using the command line. It is coming!

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Hi

I have a small speed problem considering mounting over wlan.

I mount the directory like so:
sudo gainroot
mount -t cifs -ouser=user,pass=pass //192.168.1.1/share /media/server/

The directory shows up in the filebrowser under server as it should but the browsing of the actual drive is very slow and opening a new directory can take 15-30sec after it is scrollable. I've tried watching videos works and for about 20sec it's smooth and then fps drops to about 1fps and sound disappears. I haven't tried listening any audio over wlan yet.

Does anyone else have these kinds of problems and what could I do to fix this?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
I have the same 'small' problem too.

2. Edit your sudoers, and add the truecrypt binary object as one that requires no password

Dir how do you accomplish the above

Pls post the steps

Thanks Nathan

Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yes, I'm actually testing Wizard Mounter right now. It works pretty darn well. Their is one issue that I am looking into; and then I believe the author of it will release it.

Nathan
P.s. I know it is hard to be patience when you have to mount using the command line. It is coming!

Tags
cifs, ntfs, samba, smb, truecrypt