Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by McChicken View Post
did not know what OPENSPOTIFY was so I googled and found this...ANOTHER Swedish attemp....but do not know if this will be for Maemo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5axU8oY8gg
here is the coding guys site http://spotyxbmc.tumblr.com/
No thats only for the Xbox Media Center. It has some nice features though, mixing local files with spotify files is one of them.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
hey hexagoon. Any new features in the upcoming update?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Any progress Hexagoon?

Any chance this can stream through the builtin FM transmitter? Would make my car journeys immensely more enjoyable.

Originally Posted by arbitrabbit View Post
Any chance this can stream through the builtin FM transmitter? Would make my car journeys immensely more enjoyable.
I believe almost any application that plays sound (besides phone calls) can use the FM transmitter. You just have to manually enable it (either with the widget or going into settings and selecting FM transmitter).

I do it with panucci all the time.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
The FM-transmitter works nicely with qtify.

And now to the progress report.

Done
  • Project rewritten from start, now using libopenspotify instead of despotify and qt4.6 beta instead of qt 4.5
  • I've ditched libao and is now using pulseaudio directly... Waay less soundgaps now my friends
  • The app works awesome linked against the official lib (which isnt available for arm-platform. But the open implementation libopenspotify still has some gaps to fill.
  • The gui isn't too polished at the moment, a little work left to do here.
  • The shuffle functionality is finally implemented and tested =)

Left to do before release
  • Report bugs to the libopenspotify developer and/or hope that the offial lib will be available for maemo
  • Reimplement the "remeber password" functionality
  • Polish the user interface
  • Re-make the artist and album browse views
  • Settings dialog for caching and audio quality
  • Upload translations to transifex and wait for users to complete translations
  • Create deb package
  • Upload

Any help appreciated, if you are an experienced c++ developer, don't hesitate to join the project at http://qtify.garage.maemo.org/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hexagoon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by arbitrabbit View Post
I confirm that it works.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Checked and FM transmitter works great, thanks a lot.

Maybe I am missing a trick but is it not possible to sort an artist by rating? Clicking on Rating doesn't seem to do anything for me. That is my usual sort mechanism to get to the most played songs from the artist so was wondering if I can get the same result on the Qtify?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I bought myself a premium account to try maemo spotify client. Is qtify going to be available for free accounts as well? Is there a possibility in the future to have radio like in the win client?

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
I bought myself a premium account to try maemo spotify client. Is qtify going to be available for free accounts as well?
I doubt it, given that libdespotify doesn't support free accounts. Spotify has limited non PC streaming to premium accounts and a) It would be illegal to try to reverse engineer their free streaming b) They can easily change the protocol and block it if they so want