Active Topics

Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
I hate that only 10 people who own an n900 thinks this bug is not impotent.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6892

...I also hate why people think capacitive screens are better without an explanation. sure they are responsive to light touch but try using RDP and clicking in the file manager with a capacitive screen.

I don't understand what that bug is requesting. If I need more information on a scheduled task/event, I just type it in the big white text block under the "edit" field. I'm just waiting for the calendar that allows one to "write" the event info directly on the desired day, just like a real calendar, to be avail for general release.

As far as capacitive screen, coming from the Droid, I love how with the resistive screen, I'm much more accurate when choosing small text links on web pages (forum page #x, for when I want to jump around) with just my finger, along with the fact that I'm no longer accidentally "bumping open" unwanted apps just by handling the phone, or trying to open another app.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
I hate that only 10 people who own an n900 thinks this bug is not impotent.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6892
I get your concern... but that's more feature request than bug. I mean, I get your complaint 100%, but you would probably have a much better chance starting your request as a Brainstorm instead of a bug report - since the code doesn't support what you want on Maemo despite it supporting it on Symbian.

Different code sets in that case. But as far as what you're talking about, if you start it as a Brainstorm, I'd gladly vote in its favor since it is a good idea to have that functionality.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck, and start a Brainstorm if I were you.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Newcastle UK
With you on that one... I HATE THE MEDIA PLAYER

ABSOLUTE JOKE IF YOU HAVE OVER 50 SONGS ON IT.

HATED THE MUSIC PLAYER SO MUCH THAT I CARRY BOTH MY IPHONE 3G AND THE N900, JUST SO I CAN USE THE IPHONE 3G AS A MEDIA PLAYER.

ARE YOU READING MAEMO TEAM? THE MUSIC PLAYER IS A JOKE!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Techtertainment For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Techtertainment View Post
THE MUSIC PLAYER IS A JOKE!!
Please clarify. Mine plays music nicely (tough cpu usage should be little lover in my opinion)

Odd,i have well above 250 songs without problems, im hating how many people are having issues with the device at the moment.

Im with a flawless n900 at the moment hoping to track down some of the issues that people are having.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I've got over 10k mp3s on my N900 and I'm not seeing any problems... so... what's going on?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
I "dislike" (not hate) the fact i have no idea when this expensive device is going to function as it originally was intended (i presume) or should perform....

Like actually working with ovi suite / pcsuite
Properly working with maps loader
Having an app store that isnt still in "beta" land
Having some sort of decent gps navigation (still waiting sygic!)
Having nice games that exploit the N900's potential. (saw Ronnie O'sulivans snooker on iphone the other day, looked ace)

if i didnt hate the iphone "fanboy way" i may have got one of them instead..

Nokia..... help us out yeah! (yes i know they arent reading this)

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I hate the fact that I can't keep the screen on when using media player.
The fact that the web browser jumps in forums as it finishes loading a page and means the item selected it s few posts down the page :grr:
I hate the fact that the nokia car charger makes the media player unusable due to interference it adds.
BTW you can delete emails without opening them!

No digital compass and no multi-touch.

Personally I couldn't care less about those "features", but the lack of them might decide whether the N900 will be upgradable to Maemo 6 or not, as the latest version of the Ovi services (including Maps and User Interface) seem to require both.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I hate that it inspires threads like this one.
maybe after so many threads like this there is some merrit to it.
I hate that i miss calls in a lot of situations and the general software design, it fails for regular use except maybe for browsing.
I do admit its getting better thanks to users and devs no thanks to nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to vartanov For This Useful Post:

Tags
hate is for the, powerless