Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Rhode Island
Done, though I didn't see a place to add a feature request. I filed it as a bug and added Feature Request to the subject. Thanks for the speedy response.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
A re-install should fix your problem. I can't reproduce it here :/
I'm having the same issue. After reinstalling the same output is generated (No handlers could be found for logger, etc)

Could it be that some other package is conflicting with Panucci?

Thanks

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thp View Post
A re-install should fix your problem. I can't reproduce it here :/
Hello Thp,

that I already tried several times but did not really help.
Same Output and Findings
Hello just retried (saw new Version available) Done first a Updatze (showed me succeseful) same Output.
Deinstallation and restart Device.
Reinstall same effect and outcome.
Any packet have a problem with this?
Installed (as mentioned in the Application Manager)
-Bounce Evolution
-Angry Birds
-pokerth
-Open TTD
-Battle Gweled
-Eggtimer
-Backgammon
-Airport
-Puzzle Collection
-Solitaire
-tutorial-home-applet
-Electric Beams
-Discs
-numptyphysics
-SuperTux
-Panucci
-colorcode
-mymenu
-Simple FMTX
-Ogg Support
-FMTX Faker
- Amazon Installer
- Documents to Go Installer
-Extra Decoders Support
- AP News Installer
- Foreca Installer
- Facebook Installer
- MSN Protocol plugin
- Petrovich
- 3G/2G Mode Selction Applet
- Simple brightness Applet
- Facebook Widget and Photo Uploader
- Cellular Modem Control Buttons
- rootsh
- Maemo 5 2.2009.51.1

Damn is it a lot lol

Any other ideas?

BR
Wolfpac

Last edited by wolfpac72; 2010-02-03 at 09:52.

Hi,

My seek bar has turned invisible the past few days. Seeking still works if you do it blindly. Running via console gives me this:

~ $ panucci
orientation has changed to 0
/opt/panucci/lib/panucci/panucci.py:437: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_reparent: assertion `widget->parent != NULL' failed
self.cover_art_event_box.reparent(metadata_hbox)
/opt/panucci/lib/panucci/panucci.py:438: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_reparent: assertion `widget->parent != NULL' failed
self.metadata_widget.reparent(metadata_hbox)
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.13:/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_retu_headset_logicaldev_input: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.Hal.NoSuchDevice: No device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_retu_headset_logicaldev_input

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by wolfpac72 View Post
self._rotation = FremantleRotation ('Panucci', window)
NameError: global name 'FremantleRotation'is not defined
"
Thanks for the help
BR
Wolfpac
I had the same problem, looked like a dependency issue so on a hunch I installed gpodder. Now it works. I assume gpodder pulls in the missing python lib.

thp: Good app (was thinking I would have to write my own before I found yours), definitely appreciate the futurama reference, but did you read the error message before you gave wolfpac the old "did you try turning it off and on again"?

cheers,
Freshhawk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freshhawk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freshhawk View Post
I had the same problem, looked like a dependency issue so on a hunch I installed gpodder. Now it works. I assume gpodder pulls in the missing python lib.

thp: Good app (was thinking I would have to write my own before I found yours), definitely appreciate the futurama reference, but did you read the error message before you gave wolfpac the old "did you try turning it off and on again"?

cheers,
Freshhawk
That was the clue Freshawk
Thanks for the solution.

BR

Wolfpac

Perhaps im just stupid
But I can not import any Playlists in the m3U Format. Even the ones work fine within Media Player are not accepted done with the same programm which is a bit weird imo.
I saw some posts here about this, but the command has been done from terminal with root?

Thanks for the help

BR

Wolfpac

Yesterday, I had this idea for an advanced sleep-mode option in the menu with a huge button popping up after playback being paused.
When tapped, playback would resume for another period of time, when not tapped it could disappear after a short delay.

The time before (and after) pausing obviously should be configurable and/or preset with a sensible value - is .panucci.sqlite used for configuration? I was to lazy to check, to be honest.

What do you guys think about it, do you have any suggestions for improvement - or even alternative ideas towards a similar end?
I've tried to put this rough idea into real english sentences at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8892 for your consideration.

One might consider alternative ways of getting the 'just tap the screen anywhere'-message across, a button could be rather ugly in most scenarios. I just like the word, Button.

[edit]stupid me, i've pasted the wrong bug-link. fixed now. sorry.[/edit]

Last edited by velox; 2010-02-10 at 18:20. Reason: wrong bugtrack link

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Perhaps im just stupid
But I can not import any Playlists in the m3U Format. Even the ones work fine within Media Player are not accepted done with the same programm which is a bit weird imo.
I saw some posts here about this, but the command has been done from terminal with root?

Thanks for the help

BR

Wolfpac
Find it out, it works like suggested but even the Files are labeled correctly and Taged as it should. There is a big mess when trying to do a Playlist automatically. So no point. Perhaps it should be possible to Enqueu just the whole folder or similiar which would make the creating of a playlist much easier.
Due the books are on 6 CD.s means more or less 150 files no point to do it manually as I did

But apart from that great Application.

BR

Wolfpac

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Find it out, it works like suggested but even the Files are labeled correctly and Taged as it should. There is a big mess when trying to do a Playlist automatically. So no point. Perhaps it should be possible to Enqueu just the whole folder or similiar which would make the creating of a playlist much easier.
Due the books are on 6 CD.s means more or less 150 files no point to do it manually as I did
Playlist handling will be improved in Panucci 0.4, and nikosapi is working on that: http://nikosapi.org/git/panucci/

A workaround for 0.3.x that you might or might not like is to merge all that small files from the CDs into one big file. Look for "MP3 joiner", "MP3 merge tool", etc.. on Google.

If you are on Linux, install "wavbreaker", which includes a tool called "wavmerge". You can then rip your CDs using cdparanoia to .wav files, join them using wavmerge and then convert them to .ogg using oggenc or to .mp3 using lame. Even on a Desktop computer I find it much more pleasant to have a slider for the whole show/audiobook/mix than to have to navigate through a playlist of many small files.

Splitting audiobooks in many small files is really just a relic of the way CDs worked back in the day (i.e. no direct "seeking" with a UI and a slider, but rather a very easy way to switch between tracks). Where in 1994 you had to remember "disc 4, track 7", today Panucci remembers "107 minutes and 39 seconds" for you

And no, not even the "chapters" of books are a reason to split audiobooks into multiple files. There are ID3v2 chapters for MP3 files: http://www.id3.org/id3v2-chapters-1.0 and I know that there is a way to have chapter marks for MP3 files. Haven't seen anything for .ogg yet. Chapters in files just lack the support in players and encoders most of the time, but the format is specified and some sources already use it.

Due to the fact that Panucci resumes files at the position that you stopped them, there are no problems with extremely long files (and I myself make use of that feature when listening to two-hour-long DJ mixes or podcasts which are also often longer than one hour).

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:

Tags
barbiestrsand