Active Topics

If you could buy a capacitive screen to replace your resistive screen would you buy it?

Is this by any chance possible?

What about drivers?

It would have been great if Nokia had made two versions of N900 where the only difference was that one had a capacitive screen and the other had resistive to cater for both sides. (Those that like resistive and those that don't)

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Are you a good solderer?
If not, forget about it.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Originally Posted by byte_76 View Post
If you could buy a capacitive screen to replace your resistive screen would you buy it?

Is this by any chance possible?
No! Go and buy an iPhone ....

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Who would want to trade in precission for not being able to use on cold or humid days?

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Resistive over captive anyday with this device, you dont need captive one bit to be honest, the device screen is very responsive, and both finger+stylus friendly.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
lol WWHHYYY would you want a captive screen??????? lol why o why. the resistive screens ive seen which have multitouch is what i want!!!!!!!. captive is rubbish. i actually like the stylus ect ect ect. lol captive = iphone = nothing but skin = RUBISH.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
by the way who doesnt like the screen on this machine. if you dont can someone state why???????? lol why wouldnt u like to use anything on earth to interact with the device and go captive.

what im really worried about is the next maemo 6 device coming out with a multitouch captive screen really hope its resistive multitouch or i wont buy it.