Active Topics

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
No, it's not. You're still connected. It just sometimes bounces back the same messages and appears that your contact just repeated what you said. History clearly shows who said what and when.
Hmm. I disabled history and it started to work. I got my own messages and my contacts messages once in awhile back to me. Still n900 remembers chat history so i´m not quite sure what history setting in account preferences does.

Originally Posted by troff76 View Post
Facebook Chat works great on my N900.
BUT when I restart the N900 and sign in again, duplicates of all the fb online contacts (including those that I merged earlier) appear again...
The facebook chat plugin seems to match up your contacts to facebook by use of the Nickname field. If you merge two contacts, keep the nickname that was created by the facebook chat plugin, and this will then work okay.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
The facebook chat plugin seems to match up your contacts to facebook by use of the Nickname field. If you merge two contacts, keep the nickname that was created by the facebook chat plugin, and this will then work okay.
Isn't that just plain wrong? Isn't there an X-FACEBOOK field?

If two or more protocols match on the nickname field, houston's got a problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Palleman For This Useful Post:
I'm guessing extra contacts will appear again if a person changes their name too, since it'll pick up another "Nickname".

But like zerojay said earlier, it is a first release.

Great stuff. Now I only wish I didn't have 1000+ "friends" on fb....already got 60 new entries in my contact list...
Would it be possible to filter contacts that are added to the contacts by group info or something?

//K

Has anyone who didn't manage to see facebook on install manage to get it working?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
i am just reading ppl complaining and nothing else..can someone tell me if the ppl who matter r actually planning to improve on this merge contacts issue..my contact list has almost doubled bcos of this prob and need to know if this is planned to b fixed

Is it possible to not automatically load/create contacts when you connect with one of the services (e.g. Facebook, MSN etc)? Instead, I would like to manually enter the contact details for the people who I'm interested in having on my N900.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Great news but i'll skip it until it's bug free. After couple of nightmares with MSN on N900, i said myself not to try something like that again.

how to free space in var/cache/apt/archives?? i install the im protocol and tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade it says you dont have enough free space in var/cache/apt/archives.

Tags
facebook chat n900 maemo