Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milano Italy
Sorry but you have to install easy deb chroot ?
The aircrack that after you download is the same that are in the devel repository ? In this case I think it have a problem capturing data packets and is working only on channel 6.

Thanks

Yes i installed Easy Deb Chroot . No, it's not the same aircrack-ng package. I installed it from Debian x-terminal.

ps. so i'm from Milan

Originally Posted by Persson View Post
I have this installed on my n900 and i canīt find where is it. can some one pleas tell me that.. i dont see any icons for it..
---
Sorry for my eng i have dyslexi
you don't have any icons for aircrack. You have to open terminal window and tipe "sudo gainroot" and after that "aircrack-ng --help"

hope it helps...

Originally Posted by JeanMarc View Post
Sorry but you have to install easy deb chroot ?
The aircrack that after you download is the same that are in the devel repository ? In this case I think it have a problem capturing data packets and is working only on channel 6.

Thanks

i installed aircrack-ng from debian repositories....(inside the image)

aircrack-ng SVN was already compiled and pushed to the extras-devel repository. Works exactly the same as within a chroot.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
aircrack-ng SVN was already compiled and pushed to the extras-devel repository. Works exactly the same as within a chroot.

i am not so shure because i couldn't get airodump-ng to work in maemo but on the other hand it is working in debian. Why?

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Sorry for the question, but are you sure that is really working? can get IVs (other than your own network)?

It's not a kernel problem, if you install a debian chroot, it is using maemo's kernel, not debian's. Same with the wifi stack and firmware.

If it works inside debian chroot and not in maemo, it's a software problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano View Post
Sorry for the question, but are you sure that is really working? can get IVs (other than your own network)?

It's not a kernel problem, if you install a debian chroot, it is using maemo's kernel, not debian's. Same with the wifi stack and firmware.

If it works inside debian chroot and not in maemo, it's a software problem.
i am not really shure if it's fully working but i was able to get a handshake on my own network...so i suppose that is working. Anyway i am looking forward to test it again this week.

RFMON works sporadically. You can capture packets. The firmware, driver or stack (or a combination of all 3) do not currently like receiving or sending live packets when it's not associated to a BSSID.

This is being worked on, as we speak.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Do i get this right ? There is no solution for scanning ALL channels. Only channel 6 shows up ?
Or did i miss something ?
airodump-ng wlan0 gives me nothing. Only when my wlan is set to channel 6.