Active Topics

Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
I can't get online without a data plan. Are you sure you did not access the web via Wifi?

What are your t-mobile data settings?
Im using default t-mobile settings. I did not messed around with anything. first time i notice i was riding the train on my way to work. and i was gonna read my messages when one message came out. and then i tried to access the web and i did get connected.

Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
can u post the settings for ur tmobile connection? maybe its different...all the ip and proxy info...
i will if you wait until tomorrow because i just install a clearprotector screen shield and turn the phone off. just following directions.

can u post the settings for ur tmobile connection? maybe its different...all the ip and proxy info...
Here you go:
Connection name: T-Mobile Internet
Connection type: GPRS
Access point name: internet2.voicestream.com
User name: [leave this one empty]
Password: [leave this one empty]

No proxies set.
pretty simple. And best. Outside I almost always get 3.5G rather than just 3G.

The Following User Says Thank You to slotti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Safao View Post
i just install a clearprotector screen shield and turn the phone off. just following directions.
and right you are. Let that baby dry for 24h. It is tempting, especially since it seems to be dry after 8h. My first try I only waited about 6h and got bubbles after 1 day. Second try with clearprotector (and a crap load of water, the N900 went diving) I let it dry 26h and it is beautiful. Have it on for a week and I love it. It attracts fingerprints like hell, but it already saved my screen from a long scratch (has a screw in my pocket).

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Pittsburgh
the data stick from t-mo is capped @ 5gb like the other boys. i'm stuck with that bill for a while, too

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Portland, Or
Originally Posted by Safao View Post
I have been using my N900 with t-mobile and i do not have any internet-data plan at this moment but for some reason i can access the internet using t-mobile internet. it kicks me out after like 5 minutes but i can use it again after a short while.

I did call t-mobile customer service and told them that i was accessing the internet without wifi and i was concern about getting charge for data download. They told me that i did not have any charges at all. He also mention that they dont charge for the volume of data that you download like other company's like Verizon, is either i have data plan or not.

is anybody else getting online without wifi using t-mobile internet plan and not getting charge for?
I was able to do this with my blackberry probably 5 years ago. The first month I was fine, the month after I was stuck with a $200 data bill. I'd keep my eyes open if I were you.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by ohwut View Post
I was able to do this with my blackberry probably 5 years ago. The first month I was fine, the month after I was stuck with a $200 data bill. I'd keep my eyes open if I were you.
well like tmobile said, either you have the data plan or you dont. Its not like verizon where you pay per mb. So if they charged me something like that I wouldnt pay because I dont have the data plan so they cant be charging me, they dont even have any plans for per/mb data plans, so technically they dont even have a price to charge you. Its not your fault their data leaked. But this was probably different 5 years ago, they mightve had a per/mb plan back then

The Following User Says Thank You to waleed786 For This Useful Post:
well like tmobile said, either you have the data plan or you dont. Its not like verizon where you pay per mb. So if they charged me something like that I wouldnt pay because I dont have the data plan so they cant be charging me, they dont even have any plans for per/mb data plans, so technically they dont even have a price to charge you. Its not your fault their data leaked. But this was probably different 5 years ago, they mightve had a per/mb plan back then
Were you reading my mind? i was thinking the same exact thing.

Originally Posted by jenius View Post
the data stick from t-mo is capped @ 5gb like the other boys. i'm stuck with that bill for a while, too
I spoke with a tech last week and he said the cap is 10GB and they then drop you down to 2G speeds.

Have T-mo Unlimited Talk+Text+Web $60 for smart phone . Was surprised to get this massage on my phone. (im using alot for tethering)
Free T-Mobile Msg: Your data usage in this billing cycle has exceeded 10GB;Data throughput for the remainder of the cycle may be reduced to 50 kbps or less.
But didnt slow down yet. Well still better than AT&T.