Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
I had a strange issue a few days ago but I don't know if it is related to headphoned: I unplugged my headset while playing music, the music stopped as expected. After a few days and a few restarts I plugged in my headset again and it began to play from the last active source in the default media player which was not what I wanted (maybe this behaviour could be useful for a short time after unplugging but not after a few days + restarts).
Can it be related to headphoned?
headphoned sends a "pause" signal via D-Bus to the default media player (and some others, if available). At least in my tests when the media player was running, sending a "pause" signal twice does not result in pause/unpause, but rather pause/pause (meaning that the signal does not seem to "toggle" the pause state).

This would suggest that a behaviour like this cannot come from headphoned. Feel free to try to reproduce this bug (basically by restarting your device, waiting until everything has loaded and then plugging in the headphones - the Media Player widget on your desktop might help check out the situation). If you can reliably reproduce this bug, try uninstalling headphoned and see if it still happens.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Hmm is it possible to launch an arbitrary command nstiead of sending a pause signal on dbus?

Reason is I ues xmms2 and that has a simple xmms2 togglepause command. No messing about with dbus and stuff.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

The Following User Says Thank You to ruskie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Reason is I ues xmms2 and that has a simple xmms2 togglepause command. No messing about with dbus and stuff.
Sure. We do this already for MPlayer using a named pipe (gitweb link). Ideally, the player should have a simple "pause" and not a "togglepause" signal, otherwise playback would start if it's paused and you unplug your headphones.

What I can offer is a directory like /etc/headphoned.d/ where other packages can install scripts that are executed when the headphones are unplugged. Would this be a workable solution for you?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Hmm is it possible to launch an arbitrary command nstiead of sending a pause signal on dbus?

PLEASE: from where can i download xmms???????????
ar could you give me the link to the deb... thx!

Originally Posted by neboja View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=maemo+xmms

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
See my signature :) IT's not like it's hidden... and note this isn't xmms but XMMS2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruskie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Sure. We do this already for MPlayer using a named pipe (gitweb link). Ideally, the player should have a simple "pause" and not a "togglepause" signal, otherwise playback would start if it's paused and you unplug your headphones.

What I can offer is a directory like /etc/headphoned.d/ where other packages can install scripts that are executed when the headphones are unplugged. Would this be a workable solution for you?

Yes it has a simple pause as well. And yes the solution would be more than workable. Probably the best all around.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruskie For This Useful Post:
See that search box in the upper right corner? Typing "xmms" there will quickly reveal the "xmms now available" and "XMMS for N900?" threads. Even if you don't see the box, googling for "xmms maemo" will quickly yield results.

Please don't waste other people's time by being too lazy to search for things. And if you don't find something, just create another thread. Thanks (Please don't feel offended by this post, I'm just trying to help.)

Originally Posted by thp View Post
See that search box in the upper right corner? Typing "xmms" there will quickly reveal the "xmms now available" and "XMMS for N900?" threads. Even if you don't see the box, googling for "xmms maemo" will quickly yield results.

Please don't waste other people's time by being too lazy to search for things. And if you don't find something, just create another thread. Thanks (Please don't feel offended by this post, I'm just trying to help.)
i have been searchig... but to dumb to realise where and how to install.... but anyhow, i will figure it out !

The Following User Says Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post: