Active Topics

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
I'll try the reflash thing first and if that doesn't improve the performance. Then I'm sending it back.

Got my third phone a few days ago, this one is rock solid. (Have not updated to 1.0.1 yet). The returns took ages, but it was worth it

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Interestingly enough, I sent my phone in to get replaced and Nokia just sent an email saying they're sending it back without replacing it since the IMEI is the same. I do wonder if they even did any repairs to it.

My device just rebooted this morning and requried a battery pul (reason pwr_key).

It seems to reboot once/twice a week; how long does it take for a replacement/fixed device?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
hi guys. in my opinion its not HW. ive had my phone since sat so 4days and not 1 single reboot. yesterday my volume button wasnt working so restored with NSU and volume button came back but ive since had about 5 reboots while browsing over 3g. it must be SW.

ps was just browsing for a full hour and no reboots, plug in charger while watching youtube rebooted in within 1 min

sorry guys dnt wanna spam the place. Ok I went on some nokia support forum and some guy talking about a fix. He says dl the rootsh and there is another file u have to save to documents then enable the file in terminal and it disables some powersave. im new to this so id thought id try it as I was going to send phone back anyway. After reading that everyone said it work and I too confirm it works since 6am yesterday Ive had NO reboots (fingers crossed) time is now 4.42pm so far so good. Will keep u updated if I have another reboot.

Originally Posted by se23 View Post
sorry guys dnt wanna spam the place. Ok I went on some nokia support forum and some guy talking about a fix. He says dl the rootsh and there is another file u have to save to documents then enable the file in terminal and it disables some powersave. im new to this so id thought id try it as I was going to send phone back anyway. After reading that everyone said it work and I too confirm it works since 6am yesterday Ive had NO reboots (fingers crossed) time is now 4.42pm so far so good. Will keep u updated if I have another reboot.
hi can you share to us the procedure or a link maybe

http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/t5/Ma.../593949/page/3

hi thats the link. go to 1st page. he talks about flashing then another proceedure as i explained above but it mite b a few posts down. i didnt flash as im new to maemo so id thought id try the other method and im so happy.
it also says if ur updated u wont need this but im on a 2009 fw as the newest fw is not showing in nsu. 9.28pm and still no reboots .

sorry guys just had my 1st reboot. im connected to charger over 3g on facebook. it seems with mine it only happens wen connected to mains. oh well guess its going back. i still believe it was updating on nsu that messed my phone up as it was fine b4 on mains.

Tags
lack of quality control