Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Hello guys...

So, I was thinking about a good idea for a gaming mobile phone
+
I also think a keyboard is necessary so that should be included too

Also it must be powerful enough to play HD games/movies...etc

I like the shape of the N900 so that was also included into my design (a bit)

The specs are included (LOL)

Note: the design is old (before i even got my N900) thats why the paper is yellowish + the name shown is different + the CPU should be the latest available SnapDragon which is clocked @1.5GHz

Its not so accurate...i didnt put much effort+time on it

I like the idea...Also as you can see, the two-way slider was inspired by the Nokia N95

Lets me know what you think...

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
top left/bottom right = N900!
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Not a phone, but looks pretty good: http://www.open-pandora.org/

512 MB of DDRIII ram will be veeeery difficult to implement...

EDIT: unless you add one of these...

Last edited by torpedo48; 2010-02-05 at 16:41.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by jpandrusky View Post
Not a phone, but looks pretty good: http://www.open-pandora.org/
Sorry to go OT Ahmed, but re: Pandora - surely the N900 now nullifies this product? I'd been following it's progress on Engadget but not it seems like it's sat for so long pending development that tech has moved on along side it.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
except from capacitive screen it looks pretty awsome... I mean I would rather have the precision of resistive screen to play games that need that aswell and be able to draw etc. And you have the gaming pad so who needs multitouch!?
Only proble, with a "phone" like this is that it would be too awsome so they would have problems topping it... Just like the n900

Originally Posted by Brunorange View Post
And you have the gaming pad so who needs multitouch!?
I prefer resistive screens' precision too but...
Why not both resistive screen & multitouch? One does not exclude the other.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Originally Posted by Brunorange View Post
except from capacitive screen it looks pretty awsome... I mean I would rather have the precision of resistive screen to play games that need that aswell and be able to draw etc. And you have the gaming pad so who needs multitouch!?
Only proble, with a "phone" like this is that it would be too awsome so they would have problems topping it... Just like the n900
As i said this design was before i got my N900...now i appreciate the resistive screen even more

Also, there is a new resistive screen model that has multitouch + pressure sensor....I think i will include that in my concept

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ poland,bojano
good skethes but the keyboard is toomuch like the psp blue leds wuld be great

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Ahmed360 View Post
As i said this design was before i got my N900...now i appreciate the resistive screen even more

Also, there is a new resistive screen model that has multitouch + pressure sensor....I think i will include that in my concept
I think otherwise. It doesn't seems to me precision is that important in gaming as the boudning box of object can be adjusted in design.

Capactive/multitouch is more suitable for gaming, which allows having 2 fingers or more to interact with objects on the screen, more creative things using multitouch can happen.

If you've been to the arcade seeing how people play the RTS card games, you will be surprised how fast they move their cards with 2 hands to control the army or etc. Similar games also on DS, but you can move only 1 card at a time using the stylus.

It also allows using onscreen controls, if the game is designed to, without sliding out the keypad. Using resistive, you can't press direction and button at the same time.

Last edited by mcdull; 2010-02-05 at 19:30.