Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Just to add another data point, I just paired a Logitech diNovo Edge with a N900 running PR1.1 (flashed, not updated OTA, input enabled in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf) using the GUI. It wouldn't connect from the GUI, but using the bluez D-Bus interface from the command line worked:
Code:
# dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez \
            / org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter

object path "/org/bluez/11984/hci0"

/org/bluez/11984/hci0/dev_00_07_61_75_xx_xx \
            org.bluez.Input.Connect

Last edited by pH5; 2010-02-08 at 13:10. Reason: add missing --print-reply

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
Just to add another data point, I just paired a Logitech diNovo Edge with a N900 running PR1.1 (flashed, not updated OTA, input enabled in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf) using the GUI. It wouldn't connect from the GUI, but using the bluez D-Bus interface from the command line worked:
Code:

object path "/org/bluez/11984/hci0"

# dbus-send --system --dest=org.bluez \
            /org/bluez/11984/hci0/dev_00_07_61_75_xx_xx \
            org.bluez.Input.Connect
I've tried these instructions but failed

I did the following:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez \

object path "/org/bluez/887/hci0" was returned

# dbus-send --system --dest=org.bluez \
/org/bluez/887/hci0/dev_00_07_61_E6_B2_53 \
org.bluez.Input.Connect

Nothing was returned by the final command and the keyboard didn't pair (it was in pairing mode by pressing the red button on the unit.)

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Ta

meep:
I also did not succeed, exactly as you write, but then I tried to add "--print-reply" to the second command as well (to see if I won't be able to get an idea of what's going on) and magically, the keyboard started working!!
So now I will try to follow instructions earlier in this thread to get all characters working, since now only standard characters work (not even numbers)

Also, I have paired the keyboard prior to all this (through the menu, set bluetooth to on, then succesfully paired the keyboard, it did not work, as usually, then I issued these commands and it started working)

Now when I switch bluetooth to off and then on again, the keyboard is connected automatically.

Thanks pH5!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoHnY For This Useful Post:
OK, so I managed the keyboard to fully work using the guidance from qobi in the first few pages of this thread.
Now I'm happy

Now the only thing which would offer more comfort is how to issue the setxkbmap automatically after the keyboard gets connected so that the pc105 layout will be automatically applied (otherwise I have to issue it every time I turn on the keyboard - although the keyboard connects automatically now, the layout is not remembered from the last session), and/or if there is any way how to eliminate the need of typing one character on the internal keyboard before the pc105 layout gets applied.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with the way it works now, if we managed to solve above mentioned issues, it would just be a nice bonus in addition to the working keyboard.

JoHnY

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by meep View Post
Nothing was returned by the final command and the keyboard didn't pair (it was in pairing mode by pressing the red button on the unit.)

Any ideas where I went wrong?
As JoHnY helpfully pointed out, adding the missing --print-reply seems to make a difference. If not, you could try to remove and re-pair the keyboard from the bluetooth menu, first. If the error persists, installing the sysklogd package (from the tools repository) and checking /var/log/syslog for messages from bluetoothd might give a hint what went wrong.

Thanks for the help guys, I've now got my keyboard working with us mapping.

I've noticed Ctrl does not work and I can't press two keys at once... I bought the keyboard to remotely use the n900 through a tv, any ideas how I can get them working?

Thanks again to ph5 and johny

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Guys,
does this know mean we know how to do this with the current version or do we have to flash to a previous version?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Guys,
does this know mean we know how to do this with the current version or do we have to flash to a previous version?
Yes, you do not need to reflash anything. Just use the above mentioned commands (plus remap the keyboard as mentioned at the start of this thread) and it will work.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Rock N' Roll!

I can't wait to try this later tonight. Hang around guys because no doubt I will need help
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by meep View Post
Thanks for the help guys, I've now got my keyboard working with us mapping.

I've noticed Ctrl does not work and I can't press two keys at once... I bought the keyboard to remotely use the n900 through a tv, any ideas how I can get them working?

Thanks again to ph5 and johny
What keyboard do you have? It works on my freedom pro... So I probably won't be able to help you with this.
The ctrl not working is probably related to the fact that you can't press two keys at once (since you can press ctrl by itself but it does not do anything :-) )
I'm not sure if it's a keyboard design problem or what.