Active Topics

Hi, I just recieved a Nokia 770 and I'm having trouble getting the memory card in.

I inserted the card into the 770 but it only slides about halfway back. I even have the gold side down and the bevel side in like the manual states. It clicks into place, but with the card still half way out.

Can someone please help me? This is the card that came with my Nokia 770..

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ NH USA
Sounds like you need to separate the card from the ¨guard¨ that protects the pins. Pull the card out and pull it apart and reinsert.

Thanks, it worked .

Originally Posted by paden45
Sounds like you need to separate the card from the ¨guard¨ that protects the pins. Pull the card out and pull it apart and reinsert.
The "guard" is actually a MMC adapter so the card can be read in most card readers.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ NH USA
Originally Posted by dlipetz
The "guard" is actually a MMC adapter so the card can be read in most card readers.
Thanks for clarifying that. Now I realize I can use the MMC card in my card reader.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ St.Louis
Originally Posted by paden45
Had I not been a member of this forum and knew where I could come for answers, I would be calling Nokia tomorrow (fat chance that would have done any good .

I just got my 770 (finally) and spent the last half hour fretting over the insertion of the memory card...afraid I would break it before I got it all the way in. I'm no dummy and the last thing I would have suspected was the fact that I had to tear it in half to make it fit...wonder why Nokia wouldn't have covered something as curious as that in the manual...Duh!

Thanks guys (and gals), you're really appreciated...I'm sure I will have many more questions before this night is over and it looks like most of them may be covered right here.

So far I'm lovin' it