Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Are there still problems starting Navit from the Desktop?

Here is a hint from qwerty:

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
It's called not osso_initializeing() if using X-Osso-Service in the desktop file. (And, of course, having the service names matching. e.g. "com.gstar.weed" in the desktop file and the service file != "com.nokia.weed" so osso_initialize ("weed"...) doesn't work...)
You can find the post here: LINK

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
yet again trying to compile navit.

I am useing a clean SDK VM image, I have installed nokia binaries and upgraded automake to 1.10.

Runing autogen.sh gives me the following errors
Code:
autoreconf2.50: configure.in: AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION is used, but not AM_GNU_GETTEXT
configure.in:5: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:6: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SUBST
configure.in:9: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.in:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT
configure.in:79: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
configure.in:153: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_CC_C_O
configure.in:264: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
configure.in:265: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
configure.in:276: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
configure.in:277: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_STATIC
configure.in:282: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.in:652: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
configure.in:653: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
autoreconf2.50: /scratchbox/tools/autotools/autoconf2.61/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
Any suggestions?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vulcan
@fred123

Hi,
You are trying to compile the arm version, right?
If so, this is the problem that I'm facing too with automake.

Trek1701

No i386 I wanted to test it on pc first.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield
Hi all,

Sounds like things are flying on here and thanks to all those who are trying to make this work. Is there a summation of how to get this program up and running? I don't mind trying a bit of command line etc if that is what it takes but it looks like all of the threads on here make for a confusing set of instructions......

Any help appreciated!

All the best
K

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Rauma
Hi,

Navit is nearly working
Launched from desktop, it works few minutes.
Launched from terminal, it works few minutes.
Launched from terminal after gainroot, it runs fine... BUT
navigation works oddly.

I'm using it in Finland and it is said in this tread that OpenStreetmaps from Finland are poor... I don't know about that but I have tried navit for few weeks and my observations are:

* I use navit from Rauma to Helsinki (about 250km - two main routes) -> navit doesn't find route (without gainroot navit segfaults after inserting route). After I have driven about 70km, suddenly navit finds a route and navigates nicely from that poit to the end.

From Helsinki to Rauma the result is the same.
This is not good, because I don't know my starting point (streets of Helsinki) well so I would like to have some guidance. Again after about 70 km navit comes to life.

First I thought that there is something wrong in map data around Mynämäki (about 70km from Rauma), but it doesn't explain why the route back to Rauma works through that point nicely.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens.

Another quite odd feature is that gui is different with and without gainroot. Without gainroot (from desktop or terminal) menus on top of screen are bigger than with gainroot from terminal. Why is that?

In my opinion hardware is great and navit is a great piece of software!

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Originally Posted by svalavuo View Post
Hi,

Navit is nearly working
Launched from desktop, it works few minutes.
Launched from terminal, it works few minutes.
Launched from terminal after gainroot, it runs fine... BUT
navigation works oddly.

I'm using it in Finland and it is said in this tread that OpenStreetmaps from Finland are poor... I don't know about that but I have tried navit for few weeks and my observations are:

* I use navit from Rauma to Helsinki (about 250km - two main routes) -> navit doesn't find route (without gainroot navit segfaults after inserting route). After I have driven about 70km, suddenly navit finds a route and navigates nicely from that poit to the end.

From Helsinki to Rauma the result is the same.
This is not good, because I don't know my starting point (streets of Helsinki) well so I would like to have some guidance. Again after about 70 km navit comes to life.

First I thought that there is something wrong in map data around Mynämäki (about 70km from Rauma), but it doesn't explain why the route back to Rauma works through that point nicely.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens.

Another quite odd feature is that gui is different with and without gainroot. Without gainroot (from desktop or terminal) menus on top of screen are bigger than with gainroot from terminal. Why is that?

In my opinion hardware is great and navit is a great piece of software!
I got the same problem. When making route from Kokkola to Vaasa Navit doesnt find route, x-term says that pos blocked.

Dont know if the problems is that even though maps has all the roads, but when is search them in navit they are not there.

Last edited by mele; 2010-02-08 at 15:04.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
Originally Posted by svalavuo View Post
Hi,

I imagine this is because when you use sudo gainroot, different config files from the ones found in the /home/user/.navit directory are used and thus configure the On Screen Display differently than if you launch the application as the default user.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Rauma
Originally Posted by AloxeCorton View Post
I imagine this is because when you use sudo gainroot, different config files from the ones found in the /home/user/.navit directory are used and thus configure the On Screen Display differently than if you launch the application as the default user.
I doubt that because I only have one config (in two places, but still the same config).

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Does anyone know what is the exact command in x-term to parse .osm maps to navit`s .bin??

I have tried bzcat map.osm.bz2 | maptool map.bin when map is packed with bzip2
and also cat map.osm | maptool map.bin when map is unpacked to .osm

process seems always to stuck at phase 2

i have installed maptool from repos

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap