Active Topics

Poll: Did you sell your N900?
Poll Options
Did you sell your N900?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Sell the N900??? I have bought two N900s that's how much I like this phone :-)

I will be keeping my N900.

I do not find it "fraking awesome!"

Currently, it's not all I expected and doesn't fit my needs entirely. It does meet several of my needs better than any other device out there and I have faith in the Maemo community and myself and Nokia to modify, hack and continue to develop this platform to be more of what someone like me needs/expects. So I'm keeping it.

I do accept that it currently is not the device for everyone and that Maemo will die a nasty death or continue to lag in the geekosphere if it doesn't find some main stream appeal quickly.

So if I take the nature in which this pole is given (you want to collect statistics on who has returned it and who is keeping it), then despite how I might express it or feel about it, I must click "fraking awesome!".

The Following User Says Thank You to tournstone For This Useful Post:
selling ??? wait until the next maemo version comes out with new faster processor and maybe i will consider to sell my old n900 at that time.

I love my n900 and no one can separate me from it unless of coarse nokia decides to come out with a version that is compatible with AT&T 3G bands, but until then I'm keeping it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by 77h View Post
...that there are already enough questions asking the same...
I think a lot of people are asking these very similar questions out of curiosity because they have no point of reference - read: the Nokia N900 isn't in a lot of stores - so they have to ask these questions to avoid buyer's remorse.

Just my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I love my N900 too, but not as a smart phone, but as a kick butt media player and netbook.

1. 2g is weak. I posted about having three N900's at once and all were weaker and lost signal in areas I never did before.
2. Map function and nav is weak
3. No voice search- use it a lot
4. No Shopsavvy- ditto
5. No practical one hand operation (no adequate portrait function)
6. No picture MMS that my family uses a lot, since they prefer basic phones and cheaper than having multiple data accounts for email. Simpler too.

I paid $419 (assuming I ever get the $50 rebate, of course), so the price is fair for a media player & tiny netbook. I would not be happy at all if I paid a lot more and with the current lack of comparable smartphone function and (for Tmo where I live) weak 2g. 2G Radio in my G1 covers more area.

Obtuse point is, I would have returned my N900, were it not for the price I paid for it.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-02-09 at 17:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
Bought it, got pissed off, sold it. Missed it, got pissed off again, bought it again, skipped getting pissed off part, used routing instead of voice nav = adapted . LuckTR Out

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
They might be here to enact their revenge.
Like us N800, and the 770 and N810 owners?

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Well, I had to choose 'No' of course, but I don't really walk around saying things like "It's fraking [sic] awesome!".
SPELLING FAIL!!! Two k's, otherwise English rules would dictate that the A becomes erect--er, hard ('ay' sound vs 'ah' sound). It would sound like 'FRAKE' (rhyming with 'flake') instead of what you meant, 'FRAKKING' (rhyming with 'cracking') because there's a vowel immediately following the consonant. (ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frak_%28expletive%29) Frak is acceptable, but fraking needs a second k to maintain a correct pronunciation.

OK.. worked out THAT obsessive compulsive disorder. Whew! But then, I come from Massachusetts. Sadly, Worcestor is SUPPOSED to be pronounced 'wuss-turr'.. so, whatever.

Last edited by danramos; 2010-02-09 at 23:08.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Also.. I come from Massachusetts. Sadly, Worcestor is SUPPOSED to be pronounced 'wuss-turr'.. so, whatever.
You mean wuh stahhhhh, right?

Lets jump in thah cahhhh and goes to wuh stahhhh. That's how I remember it.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I've been naughty...just put mine up for sale on eBay but I feel so bad....it works amazingly for the media part...but crapy for phone and business use (i.e.native document editing).
I think I might just close the auction and keep it, but I never thought I'd EVER consider selling it in the first place....the problem is there is NOTHING else out there to match what I want (i.e. office AND media functionality).

I guess that's what laptops are for !!!!

Tags
n900s for sale!!!!!!, pearls to swine, revenge postings