Notices

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
The N900 is able to run PSX / N64 / (PSP) Emulators but that's the limit. It is not possible to emulate a faster console with a decent speed on the N900.
I doubt N900 can run PSP emulator at any decent speed.
What OP describes is not really emulating anything though.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
To the OP, this would NEVER EVER EVER work.

1) There is no 360 or PS3 emu for PC
2) You cannot send a gamepad through VNC, only mouse and keyboard
4) VNC won't capture the OpenGL or DirectX protocol, you need a special game streaming software.
3) It will look like ****

I have tried to play Nintendo DS games like this on my n810. The lag was horrible. I managed to get through one level of Kirby canvas curse before giving up.

You probably want something like this:
http://www.streammygame.com/smg/index.php

its made just for this. However there is no ARM linux client... yet?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
not to mention that ps3 and xbox360 are still too powerful to be emulated on pc and it lacks whole point of being able to "play" games on n900..

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
There is a black button on the top right of the device that is pretty magical. If you click it, it will open a portal of some sort to view the N900's rendition of the world! Check out the poly count on that!!!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Watch BluRay movies ON YOUR N900!!1
Simply buy a bluray player for your tv. Open your N900 camera, and point it at the tv!
I know, my intro was kinda misleading but still.
[/sarcasm]

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
I'll be happy if there's such a thing as an Xbox360 or PS3 emulator...yet alone be able to run them on a PC. Let's not even consider the N900.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I'm trying to think of something witty but I can't - I will just come out and say it.

This is a stupid, stupid thread!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
I'm trying to think of something witty but I can't - I will just come out and say it.

This is a stupid, stupid thread!

I wouldnt say its stupid like, indeed you would need some crazy crazy set-up goin on.
you would firstly need an awsome tvcard to plug either the ps3 or 360 into it. which exists! so your games are cuming up on your monitor. you would then need some way of controling the game through some sort of game controller emulator on your pc. you would then need to figure out a way of forcing the resolution of the game to lower itself so the n900 doesnt have to pull as much data from your network connection so the lag is minimal.

when i had my n810 i did this running gta1 on dosbox on my pc thru my n810 over a 3g connection 150 miles away from my computer. it sucked like. but the it worked!

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Is it possible to add the refresh rate of rdesktop? Or is it running at maximums rate of the n900 already?

I'm hoping it's currently limited due to bandwith, so when using 3g it's slow refreshrate but when on wifi it could potentially transfer more frames?

Originally Posted by forcer View Post
not to mention that ps3 and xbox360 are still too powerful to be emulated on pc and it lacks whole point of being able to "play" games on n900..
This is incorrect. Consoles are actually underpowered compared to modern day computers. The Xbox 360 is nothing more than a standard CPU that is now 4+ years old.

The problem is not that power of Computer hardware, but rather software has not been created to run games on a traditional x86 processor.

The video card in my computer, blows away anything in any current console right now.

Let's stop confusing the problem here.

Also as has been pointed out already vnc software cannot capture the frames on opengl or directx interfaces fast enough to even work. As a matter of fact directx fails to initialize when using vnc on my comp. This aside, any connection outside of being on a LAN connection is not going to have the bandwidth to even make this happen. So while in theory this could work on a windowed app, you still need to find software to emulate. I believe a bluetoothed controller could work as long as you have the controls mapped to the keyboard.

2d