Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
The facebook chat plugin seems to match up your contacts to facebook by use of the Nickname field. If you merge two contacts, keep the nickname that was created by the facebook chat plugin, and this will then work okay.
I use the facebook nicknames and I still get contacts unmerging.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I use the facebook nicknames and I still get contacts unmerging.
It's about 50/50 for me... but for some reason the icons are not kept when i logout once I merge a Facebook contact (who has an profil pic) with a contact on my phone (who doesn't have a profile pic).

I know it's a first release, it has 2 annoying bugs but its a good start

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Facebook plugin need to be fixed urgently before going to Extras

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Yes agree, it's great to see plugins like this, but it needs to stay in extras-testing until this issue is addressed. Unfortunately it's in the same package as other components which do work better -- dilemma

I think this is the "vote" and bug reporting page (did I get the right component?)

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...hy-extras/0.8/

Anyone got Yahoo working on version 0.7? I have a yahoo.co.uk account and when I try to create the account and click the "Sign in" button, the button becomes disabled but nothing happens. I've tried it a couple of times and always the same issue.

I noticed something on the Facebook chat which may just be a lack of a feature rather than a bug. There does not seem to be a way to show as busy unlike on the other accounts. It is either online or offline.

I installed pidgin today and it works great! I CANNOT get sound alerts when an IM is received. Fiddling with sound options did not help. Can this be enabled?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by norstadt View Post
Anyone got Yahoo working on version 0.7? I have a yahoo.co.uk account and when I try to create the account and click the "Sign in" button, the button becomes disabled but nothing happens. I've tried it a couple of times and always the same issue.
Yahoo did not work for me either in 0.7 - exactly the same issue as you. I just upgraded to 0.8 and now yahoo works perfectly.

hi all forum newbie here...ive had the N900's IM client running Skype,MSN and Facebook with minimal problems...most of them have been discussed...im not sure if my facebook issue is related to the web site being recently updated again...all of the others sign in fine apart from FB which constantly displays 'Authentication failed'....i tried adding other FB accounts like my partners and they seem to connect fine...am i right in saying that the N900 stores a FB login cookie which is linked to my account and password in the system cache? if i somehow get rid of this will the device connect again?....ive tried deleting my FB IM account entry from the N900 and reinstalling it and also doing the same with the conversations plugins...also ive tried changing my FB login email but this doesnt work either...any help would be much appreciated

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
I find if my screen name is anything other than the email address I use for facebook - it comes up with network error and won't connect to facebook.

also experiencing reloading entire conversations when logging in due to going from wifi to 3g etc, as well as the contact multiple merges (i don't use nicknames on FB)

Tags
facebook chat n900 maemo