Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by withnailami View Post

No one want to try and convince me to keep it then?
I think every device decision is personal and people should weigh the pros and cons themselves rather than asking others to decide for them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
There is only one way of killing a thread that restarts - ignore the poster (well, you could ban the poster if you are moderator, but let's not go there).

Anyway, as is obvious from my actions, I don't mind this thread :-)

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Bratag - you are very grumpy today! Whats up? Share it.....

The Following User Says Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
Bratag - you are very grumpy today! Whats up? Share it.....
My stupidity tolerance is at an all time low. Work/Life I seem to be surrounded by an ever increasing number of whiners and *****s.

It depresses me.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
This device is so cool it's scary. But it's not for the brain dead. Not yet, anyway. If anyone's on the fence and is thinking about any other handheld, they should go with the other. The fence sitters and whiners are too distracting and generally not constructive. Nokia has basically just dumped this device on the community while they formulate their Qt future. That is just not good for certain personality types. But for people like myself it doesn't get much better. There's no hand holding, and sometimes there's just silence.

It seems the n900 is mostly black and white. If this device doesn't excite you, hate is just around the corner.

Originally Posted by withnailami View Post

No one want to try and convince me to keep it then?
If the OP was turned off from the n900 "by its packaging", then Nokia already lost him as a client. What's the point?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ India
if you need others to convince u to keep or leave something.. then you need to grow up mate...
only 2 choices are there keep it or leave it...
dont keep others deciding on ur behalf.... i love my device so i am gonna keep it and if i decide to change it someday i wont come and create a thread .. " its been one year, should i keep it or buy a new one"
Again "Grow Up"

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
My stupidity tolerance is at an all time low. Work/Life I seem to be surrounded by an ever increasing number of whiners and *****s.

It depresses me.
Well said.

Well, the basic thing is that posting this question here makes as much sense as posting it on iPhone fans forum... People here are blinded by the greateness of Maemo 5 If you try to complain, you are a "*****" because you "didn't do enough research"... Anyway, my advice is to return the device and wait for fix of the features that are important for you - you can always buy it again. Thats what I did. The alternative ? The are no alternatives for N900 at the moment I'm afraid. I am lucky enough to already have N810 and that is my backup plan while I wait for N910.

Originally Posted by StormBlast View Post
Well, the basic thing is that posting this question here makes as much sense as posting it on iPhone fans forum... People here are blinded by the greateness of Maemo 5 If you try to complain, you are a "*****" because you "didn't do enough research"... Anyway, my advice is to return the device and wait for fix of the features that are important for you - you can always buy it again. Thats what I did. The alternative ? The are no alternatives for N900 at the moment I'm afraid. I am lucky enough to already have N810 and that is my backup plan while I wait for N910.
I am not blinded by the greatness of Maemo, though I will admit I feel it has the most potential of any mobile OS. I honestly couldn't care less (really I couldn't) if people like/keep the phone.
What I do care about is the same whining threads popping up multiple times a day, instead of people using existing threads.

If I had admin privs here I would clean them up myself. As it is all i can do is go into the thread and verbally beat the poster around the head in the the hope that he/she will engage their brain before starting another useless post.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Tags
bratag goes apeshit