Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Stskeeps, thanks, I'm sorry if I sounded like I doubted that you were doing your job. That didn't cross my mind.

But I believe this Diablo SSU needs to be a top priority here. The Distmaster needs to be the facilitator and help our volunteer leads (lma and SD69) keep the fire lit under this pot. You're the best person for this, you're able to talk to Nokia and get what we need from them to make this a reality...

The comments about the council quitting were related to people insisting that Maemo 6 runs on the N900 and that the council should quit in protest if it doesn't. Complete crazy talk.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by lma View Post
(BTW, if a moderator is reading this can we merge this thread?)
Done! + 10 chars

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Stskeeps, thanks, I'm sorry if I sounded like I doubted that you were doing your job. That didn't cross my mind.

But I believe this Diablo SSU needs to be a top priority here. The Distmaster needs to be the facilitator and help our volunteer leads (lma and SD69) keep the fire lit under this pot. You're the best person for this, you're able to talk to Nokia and get what we need from them to make this a reality...

The comments about the council quitting were related to people insisting that Maemo 6 runs on the N900 and that the council should quit in protest if it doesn't. Complete crazy talk.
My apologies too - When I say I go with an assumption it doesn't mean I think the intent was malicious, just commenting that I assume it had nothing to do with the quote.

But yes, I agree that SSU should be a priority as this exersise is valuable even on N900 once Nokia gives up on Maemo5 (or at any point in future) and people would like to see continuing fixes.

And I have been taking it as a priority as well. The curse of my role is sometimes the things I do is not visible but will manifest itself in things being easier when we get around to it.

Reason I was pointing out Mer in the other thread was of the sole reason a SSU approach for Maemo6 on N900 probably won't be simple as there is claimed big architectual changes (mentioned at summit)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Is it too early to be happy and have hope?
Well, I for one am getting excited!

[QUOTE=buurmas;345797]My biased list of Diablo bugs that bother me most:
1. Media Player not refreshing (3970).
2. MicroB certificate problems (349, 3792). It would be nice to use my N810 to access some of my secure company web sites.[/QUOT

I think this is a problem that could be solved with libssl getting a bump. The p12 certificates don't look like they're getting the right treatment even though they are decrypted successfully. This would definitely by my vote. It would be nice to show a vpn of my desktop when I had to go to meetings. I'm sure that would attract a lot of good attention and buzz.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robers97 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
In the meantime, if anyone feels like having a go here's a bunch of patches waiting to be applied.
In the interests of avoiding duplicate work: I've applied the patches to osso-pdf-viewer, loudmouth and (mostly, a couple of more tricky ones still pending) busybox and I'll be going after tinymail/modest next.

If anyone wants to help by working on other packages or even just identifying useful patches, by all means feel free :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
I wrote a patch for hildon-desktop which makes it send a dbus-signal for every key pressed while the windows list is displayed - description of using this is here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28004 .

How to get it integrated into the hildon-desktop in new diablo ssu?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Best way to make sure it doesn't get lost: submit it to bugs.maemo.org, making sure the report has the "patch' and "community-diablo" keywords.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
This is a technical answer. There is still a person who maintains hildon-desktop in the community ssu, and it is up to this person to decide if they will include this or not. I do not wish to bother with the technicalities if it is not going to be included.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
This is a technical answer. There is still a person who maintains hildon-desktop in the community ssu, and it is up to this person to decide if they will include this or not. I do not wish to bother with the technicalities if it is not going to be included.
You're assuming there's such a person and that the work won't be structured like wiki work where patches are submitted and added. The idea of bugs.* is that the CSSU people can easily get to the patches that should eventually be merged.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo