Active Topics

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
lzma decoding consistently takes about 8mins on my N900, both on eMMC and SD card (class 6).
I believe the 5x longer decoding times some people observe are due to simulatenous flash access of other applications and/or swapping due to low memory.
You may see a similar effect on your desktop PC if you copy two very large file one after another vs. simulatenously.
I recommend to close all applications or better reboot before decompression.
ssh access might help but I don't think it is necessary.

I would be nice if you could vote for the promotion of lzma to extras
if you did not have any problems with the package
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...4.43-14maemo4/

The Following User Says Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by RafaLL92 View Post
The extraction in terminal fails after 25min with a message:
"lzma: Decoder error
Command exited with non-zero status 1"
your downloaded image might be corrupted.
the output "md5sum debian-m5-v3a.img.ext2.lzma"
should be 8d8772c3ef9a943b12ab52e4ddcafb6d

The Following User Says Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
aechelon: Thanks got audacious working. Could you please tell me how to get blackbox to work? tried to make a .xinitrc file in my home directory but its not working. How do I add a shortcut to the lxde menu? Some things don't show up like evince. Thanks.

Ardour and hydrogen doesn't work. It needs alsa to work. VLC sound works but video does not show properly. Colors are messed up and only shows the video in a tiny part of the screen.

Last edited by andyph666; 2010-02-14 at 14:22.

@ qole

First of all, congratulations for the application that I installed about two months ago. Today I installed Audacity and I can edit my mp3 llistening the audio. I decided to install VLC but I can not hear the audio. you have any solution? thank you in advance

you'll install the new version of things
Yes, I updated fully. Seems all I need works fine
However I dont need audio and video on Easy Debian, so cannot say would this fuctions works.

I have just started installing Easy debian

Uncompressing in putty window, phone was totaly unressponsive could not wakeup screen, watched progress with winscp.

Nokia-N900-51-1:/home/user/MyDocs# time /usr/bin/lzma -d debian-m5-v3a.img.ext2.lzma
real 1h 0m 22s
user 3m 45.28s
sys 0m 42.41s

The Following User Says Thank You to fred123 For This Useful Post:
OK silly question, using easy debian I have got iceweasle in fullscreen how do I get back to normal view?

Originally Posted by alex-000 View Post
@ qole

First of all, congratulations for the application that I installed about two months ago. Today I installed Audacity and I can edit my mp3 llistening the audio. I decided to install VLC but I can not hear the audio. you have any solution? thank you in advance
has anyone tried to use vlc with debian and N900?

Yes I tried it with an episode of accidentally on purpose 350 mb .avi file. It loaded up and the sound was working fine but the video only showed in one part of the window. It was really small and the color wasn't right at all and it was grainy.

Originally Posted by andyph666 View Post
Yes I tried it with an episode of accidentally on purpose 350 mb .avi file. It loaded up and the sound was working fine but the video only showed in one part of the window. It was really small and the color wasn't right at all and it was grainy.
Strange! I can't hear audio with Vlc but the audio is ok with other audio software for example Audacity.......

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze