Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by Ilmanowar View Post
Without the mmc it boot (till the sound of Nokia and the splash screen of the 2 hands) but it keep in a blank screen!
In this state the bluetooth is working and I can lock the touch screen (it appears the "lock screen" or "unlock screen" message).
I think that the solution is to succeed to boot from a mmc, because the R&D mode can't help in this case.

I wrong something?
Any suggestion?
Thanks.
Ok, you broke the Hildon.
R&D mode stops rebooting so you can try to do something. In my case a long time ago I installed a link to X-Terminal in the Power menu (the button on the top ctnter of n810) and when I press it I can open the terminal (if it doesn't open i do the next: tap on "soft poweroff", then turn it on again and tap on X-Terminal link, may be a few times more again) and then
Code:
etc/init.d/hildon-desktop start
If you are not able to go to the terminal... sorry, I don't know
And how you broke Hildon?

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Ilmanowar View Post

I think that the solution is to succeed to boot from a mmc, because the R&D mode can't help in this case.

I wrong something?
Any suggestion?
Thanks.
It must be in your partitioning. The only thing I can do is to post here my setup
Code:
/# cal-tool -r
mmc
/# fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 4089 MB, 4089446400 bytes
4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 124800 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes

Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/mmcblk0p1             129       92738     2963520    b  Win95 FAT32
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/mmcblk0p2           92863      124740     1020096   83  Linux
Partition 2 does not end on cylinder boundary.
So, you see I have set boot from 'mmc', and I have two partitions, the first one is FAT and the second one ext2, where the OS resides.

to Kroll:
Yes, your solution can't help me now, but it useful to know.
I broke Hildon gambling in the services..

to Maacruz:
I made only a partition ext2 bootable, I think this is my mistake, so I must do two partition the first FAT32 bootable and the second Linux with the SO. It seems a bit illogical to make bootable the other partition, but probably is this the first viewed by the tablet.

I will try now.
Thanks!

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
good luck!

It doesn't work.. I made two partitions and I sit first the fat32 bootable and after the ext2 Probably I must do re-flashing ..
Thanks at all..

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Before giving up, try with another sd card, maybe the ITT isn't reading the actual one for some reason.