Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
I tried to install Mer on my n800. I followed all the instructions up to where it says press enter to reboot. The n800 rebooted and showed the blue nokia screen for 7 seconds and then shut off again. If I turn it on again it does the same thing. And if I plug the charger in it stays in an infinite loop. I tried removing the battery for 10 minutes. What did I do wrong and is there any way I can fix it?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by blowfish23 View Post
I tried to install Mer on my n800. I followed all the instructions up to where it says press enter to reboot. The n800 rebooted and showed the blue nokia screen for 7 seconds and then shut off again. If I turn it on again it does the same thing. And if I plug the charger in it stays in an infinite loop. I tried removing the battery for 10 minutes. What did I do wrong and is there any way I can fix it?
Which instructions exactly? Did you install boot menu? If you did, can you access it (by pressing menu button during start up)?

I had similar problem (don't remember exactly) when I first time tried to install Mer. I managed to install the boot menu correctly but the actual Mer installation failed. After re-install, it started to work. Unfortunately I cannot remember the details right away..

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
I used these instructions: http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer/Documentat...n#N8x0_Install
I think it's probably hopeless, I'll just have to try to reflash. I can't access the boot menu or anything else. It just turns on for 7 seconds and shuts down.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
This may be late, but I had a similar problem when I tried to do an install yesterday. In the end, the problem appeared to be running out of space in the internal flash (not the internal mmc). To solve it, I booted into the USB network recovery mode and cleaned up some space. Since that, it has booted into Maemo 4 without a problem.

- John

I had this problem on the n900, removing the boot flag from the microSD card I have installed mer on sorted it...