Active Topics

Closed Thread
I updated with no problems in Romania
Only thing that I noticed, is that now I can pair with my car bluetooth handsfree.
Before it wasn't possible.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by avinashsonee View Post
guys.. Thanks a lot! Maemo community rocks. when I tried to update first, it said "connect to PC & update". I solved it. then it says "not enough memory". I solved it too with the help of the community.
The best thing to solve the memory problem is to go to xterminal and then type df -h and see how much free space you have in rootfs. I suggest to have atleast 45mb. Keep uninstalling unnecessary apps to get 45 mb. Thanks again!
45 is enough .. how annoying means i nearly didn't have to do the manual way - but i sorta prefer it anyway (as a long time linux user it is not a problem but my way is not really sth for novice users )

No UK update yet. Ho Hum.....

Just a quick question guys. Does the wifi bug really gone with this new firmware? I'm planning on uninstalling the wifi switcher if it already solved the bug.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by berty View Post
same here in UK. No update even after reboot. Might just pull down the source. Give it till tea time.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
if you do the crime then you need to do the time. if you installed applications from the Extra-dev and testing without knowing what you are doing then you need to do your time do uninstall and stop asking for help here repeatitively.

just uninstall every apps you installed from devel and testing then your space should be fine. and if it doesn't work then just reflash it using flasher or NSU.

blaming Nokia root space issues won't make anything better okay. blame yourself for being ******edly stupid for not knowing that those repos apps are not risk free. it's been warned before you installed it.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by berty View Post
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
same here in UK. No update even after reboot. Might just pull down the source. Give it till tea time.
Glad it's not just me.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I did the apt-get dist-upgrade and it seemed to install everything ok, without errors! But the Settings=>"SysteminfoDialog" still says
Version: 2.2009.51-1
Any ideas how to check which firmware installed or how to update
the Settings=>"SysteminfoDialog"?
Thanks in advance!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by peppe78 View Post
I did the apt-get dist-upgrade and it seemed to install everything ok, without errors! But the Settings=>"SysteminfoDialog" still says
Thanks in advance!
You will just have to be patient my friend. Apt-get dist-upgrade will only update what is available for you. If it is not available for upgrade in your country on the firmware you have installed it will not update to newest firmware.
The only other way is to manually upgrade from the source but takes a bit of knowledge. Be patient and it will appear as an over airway update. Simples

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by peppe78 View Post
Thanks in advance!
as i mentioned before if it instlaled the updates you still need to reboot to see new version in system info dialogue

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update