Closed Thread
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
And we all know that BBC iplayer services are only available to bona fide Brits who pay their licence fee.
Erh no.
You only need a TV license when you watch live broadcast TV.
Watching on iplayer doesn't need a TV license.

-mr_bridger
-neotalk

wow. I bet you two and me are the only 3 people who got that. haha. great joke!

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Tmobile and in the uk and i have zip had my n900 since Novembeber. If this helps.

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Erh no.
You only need a TV license when you watch live broadcast TV.
For the record, that "live broadcast" includes live streaming via the BBC website (but not the iPlayer, as Venomrush pointed out).

(It's really a loophole though, I expect it to be closed as soon as the number of iPlayer users will surpass the number of "aerial" viewers.)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Seems like you guys could create a thread just for complaining about the uk update not having happened yet, thus freeint this one for more substantial comments about the update. However, this is just me talking, I'm not a moderator or anything.,

Come to thiink of it, do moderators ever CREATE as well as merge threads? Seems like they should in this instance. What good does it do the rest of us to read about "the uk isn't updated yet"?

Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
wow. I bet you two and me are the only 3 people who got that. haha. great joke!
I don't think the number of people who just can't - just can't - just can't control their feet is really so low around here...

(considering we've been bombarded with this sort of stuff for *months* last year...)

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Is the UK the only country without the update?
That wouldn't be a first!

Looks like there's more than the underground that isn't on time

Maybe we should create a separate but parallel thread where us uk chaps can hang and b*tch about the (lack of) update!

Whadysay?

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Last edited by El Amir; 2010-02-17 at 23:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to El Amir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by El Amir View Post
Is the UK the only country without the update?
That wouldn't be a first!

Looks like there's more than the underground that isn't on time

Maybe we should create a separate but parallel thread where us uk chaps can hang and b*tch about the (lack of) update!

Whadysay?
It might be an idea for UK users getting hacked off with this to voice the issue at:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ty/td-p/530013

The thread's roughly 600 posts long and deals with the fact that UK variants of nokia device firmwares are *always* significantly delayed, this isn't a new issue or one that's limited to the N900.
Ludicrously enough, not that I own one to check, but recent posts in the thread are now mentioning that the E72 V22 firmware update is now actually available as a branded Vodafone variant for Vodafone devices, despite the fact that *the unbranded update for UK devices still hasn't been released* - A carrier actually beating Nokia in releasing a branded firmware (and we all know the UK networks arent exactly speed demons at branded firmware turnaround times) before Nokia themselves release the unbranded one for everyone who bought the device anywhere other than through vodafone is, frankly, astonishing.
God knows whether anyone from Nokia actually reads that thread, but if they do the voices of a few N900 users added to the mix may help. That and calling nokia care directly to ask them what on earth theyre up to.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
It was a Macbook, and it was done from the browser, it was the version before Snow Leopard, and they used Safari. Two different friends and it worked fine.
Not that anyone is paying attention to this thread anymore but for everyone in the UK, I can also confirm that Google Talk video chat now works on a Mac (like it did previously on PC's) when initiated from the Mac using Safari, Firefox, Opera or Chrome. The video call still cannot be initiated via the N900 and you cannot yet do the same with Skype.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fresno, ca
were is the change log..

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update