Notices

@Kham, well if you don't like to use it that way, then it's your right to not use the feature. But it doesn't mean that there are no others that would very much prefer this over other options requiring cables/headsets.

Concerning the privacy, I would not feel the least bit of worried that someone is trying to listen while talking over FM in my car. The signal is not that strong (I mean, people have needed to make a boost app just to be able to receive it themselves!) and car constantly moving, channel something that most likely no-one would listen (nothing there). Of course, I don't do any illegal deals or anything which would require absolute secrecy

I think you are right that it probably is not that difficult to do, but getting Nokia to do it (and before "fixed in harmattan) can be..

It would be useful if GPS voice guidance (when available) was transmitted over FM
In fact, all the sounds should be transmitted once FM-transmitter in ON

The Following User Says Thank You to peio For This Useful Post:
I do not discuss issues like killing someone, bank robbery or making a bomb on my mobile phone. So who cares if a car passing you on the highway COULD hear your conversation. By the way the probability that a bypassing car has the exact same frequency adjusted in his radio AND drives close enough to you is almost 0%. If this almost impossible case happens, he might not even hear your conversation, but what only you collocutor on the other side tells you.

So what?

The Following User Says Thank You to redhotfoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peio View Post
It would be useful if GPS voice guidance (when available) was transmitted over FM
In fact, all the sounds should be transmitted once FM-transmitter in ON
I totally agree with that. Should be able to transmit any audio in FM.. I voted for the bug btw! Let's cross fingers, but I don't think anything will happen..

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ UK, Birmingham
ShR3K, if all you are looking for is a FM transmitter than the N900 has it already built in. All you need to do is set a frequency not used by any radio station in your car and set the same frequency on the N900 and your good to go.
The phone calls (once answered) can be heard through the speakers of your car. There is even a widget out there which allows you to turn the transmitter on with just a tap.

I don't know if this is what you meant but hope it helps.

p.s. The only problem with this system is that you have to keep the mobile close so that your voice can be heard.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
If you would be willing to tune your radio to an empty radio station, leave it there all the while listening to the white noise so you can push a button on your phone if you get a call, I'm sure it can be done.

This guy does it for only $10 ...without any additional software.
>> https://www.jupiterjack.tv/?cid=703040

However, notice he says "instead of hearing music".

You could have a preset on your radio to the best frequency for your area that would require two button pushes if you are listening to another station when a call comes in. One for the phone and one for the radio. But then, it would only work consistently well if you stayed in one area while driving your car.
What I mean is, in the Philadelphia area for instance 95.3 works well until you go just north of the city, then 105.6 needs to be tuned. If you go south then 88.9 is the best frequency. In a 30 mile drive you would have to change the transmit frequency of the phone and the frequency of the radio 3 times...

Your best bet is something like >>THIS<< using the phones Bluetooth.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-02-19 at 06:17.

I succed to do it sometime ago without any extra software. Even I also was able to speak through my telephone when I has my N900 connected to the TV. Amazing!!!