Notices

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
wow thats great thanks

looking very interesting.

I've had a few trouble with blowing my API limit -- maybe as I was runnign multiple clients. What's the impact of this client on API calls? (I have 700 contacts)

A useful feature might be the ability to:
- somehow not show every contact as online just because a twitter address is configured (I realise this could be tricky as they are kind-of online. Maybe "idle/away" is more true.
- just subscribe to a subset of those you follow, perhaps by use of a twitter list(s)

Hi. The plugin works well, would be great to see a timeline too somewhere.

A problem I've found since installing it is that the screens back lamp seems to come on randomly every now and then. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i'm new to forum and this is my first message, so if there is more proper place to write in just say me that.

First of all, thanks, it is great app. But i would suggest some improvements. One of the things i don't understand is why some of contacs are shown online with twitter, i don't think it would matter(even if people have some apps keeping them online , cause you turn it and you go away from computer, it still running, and the point of twitter is not to be IM). and also conversation integration is good idea but not that way, it should be used only if there would be ability to make folders their (e.g sms/twitter/facebook) cause for now everying is just messed up together.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki
Twitter plugin 0.2.0-1maemo2 is available in extras-devel now. New features:

1. Home timeline imported to Contacts. Starting a conversation, you will get your home timeline updates

2. Fixed sign in issue. You don't need to reboot device anymore after installing Twitter plugin. Moreover, account with large following list can be signed in easily now.

3. Added an option to disable importing Twitter friends to Contacts (only search keywords and home timeline will be imported).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rabbitrun84 For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=rabbitrun84;540057]Twitter plugin 0.2.0-1maemo2 is available in extras-devel now. New features:

1. Home timeline imported to Contacts. Starting a conversation, you will get your home timeline updates

Saw the update, downloaded and installed but I can't work out how to get my Timeline to show. Do I just need to enable it in Advanced Settings and then it just appears in Conversations or something more subtle ??

Thanks for the great app, the timeline will make it perfect!

Worked it out .... Timeline: Home is listed as a "Contact" when you go into the New IM section of Conversations. Selecting this will bring up the Timeline and off it goes.

Would it be possible to set the Avatar image in there to the Twitter t ? Might make it easier to find, maybe also adding the twitter account name instead of home would be great for multiple accounts.?

Great Work ! Many Thanks

this new version has some great improvements. it's faster, more malleable.. love it!

thanks! and keep doing the great job you're doing

Echoing Reggie's request from Twitter:

I wish tweets from the Twitter plugin would show that it came from a "Maemo device" or "Nokia N900" rather than just "API"

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ kuching
nice update..works like a charm..would like to have RT and DM support..maybe it can be done by putting DM or RT in front of contacts msgs?