Notices

Hello everyone. i'm new here & this is my first post which is a question. actually 2!
1- i've downloaded the deb file for the application stellarium and when i want to install it, my n900 says i should download some other packages (mostly qt libraries) which i can't find them in download section. where should i look up for those packages?
2- in development catalouge there's a Widgets Gallery that a friend of mine recomended me to install. but i found out that it could harm my device. has anyone installed it and had problems afterwords?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
Originally Posted by md92h View Post
Hello everyone. i'm new here & this is my first post which is a question. actually 2!
1- i've downloaded the deb file for the application stellarium and when i want to install it, my n900 says i should download some other packages (mostly qt libraries) which i can't find them in download section. where should i look up for those packages?
2- in development catalouge there's a Widgets Gallery that a friend of mine recomended me to install. but i found out that it could harm my device. has anyone installed it and had problems afterwords?
I'm not sure about the qt libraries as I've yet to install a .deb
If you're still not really familiar with the device and its OS, I'd suggest you stay away from Extras-Devel (the catalogue you're talking about) unless you know of one or two apps that you REALLY need. enable the cat, download said app, then disable it.

Instead, keep only the stock catalogues that come on the phone enabled and maybe Extras-Testing if you really want to explore since its a little more reliable than Devel (apps are more stable). Oh. and remember to search this forum a lot, many answers are answered. for example, you could've gone on Google just know and searched "maemo n900 extras-devel" and you'd learn a lot from the results.. Good luck and enjoy the n900, I sure am.

The Following User Says Thank You to HRZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
From http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel

------------------------------------------------------

How to activate Extras-devel

In the Application Manager:

Navigate to the application menu (tap the title bar)
Select ‘Application catalogs’
Select ‘New’
Enter a catalog name of ‘Maemo extras-devel’
Enter a web address pf ‘http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel’
Enter a distribution of ‘fremantle’
Enter components of ‘free non-free’
Select ‘Save’

------------------------------------

Then you will find the package 'Stellarium'.

As HRZ said, please use the search function and google before creating again and again an already existing topic!

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post: