Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
N82, it had a decent camera with decent flash, decent navigation, and much more useful applications, 3 things i miss in my N900

The Following User Says Thank You to GiGi. For This Useful Post:
iphone 2g -> sony ericsson xperia x1->e71x -> my touch3g -> htc touch pro 2 -> n900 ... sadly i just had to try all the operating systems available to me lol but by far the n900 has probably been the best experience for me but i did wish it had portrait... i miss it sometimes ='[

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i used to be (and still am) a samsung-fan. most of my electronic devices are samsung, because i really dig the build quality ad especially the design of their products.

so before the n900, i had a samsung jet. and before the jet, i had the samsung u700 (which i still own, as a "backup-phone", so to speak)
i really liked the samsung jet, and for what it is, its a awesome phone.
but i wanted to take my mobile experience to the next level, and samsung doesnt offer a "hardcore"-device like the n900.
i'm excited what their bada-devices are going to be like, though...

Last edited by msa; 2010-02-22 at 08:03.

Originally Posted by msa View Post
i used to be (and still am) a samsumg-fan. most of my electronic devices are samsung, because i really dig the build quality ad especially the design of their products.

so before the n900, i had a samsung jet. and before the jet, i had the samsung u700 (which i still own, as a "backup-phone", so to speak)
i really liked the samsung jet, and for what it is, its a awesome phone.
but i wanted to take my mobile experience to the next level, and samsung doesnt offer a "hardcore"-device like the n900.
i'm excited what their bada-devices are going to be like, though...
interesting...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Aachen, Germany
A Nokia 6300 candy bar

Before the N900 is haven't been into phones very much, since I wasn't convinced they give me a good enough mobile computing experience.

The N900 gives me
- ICQ (Pidgin)
- IRC(xchat)
- EMail, thought the client sux because it lacks threads
- a shell
- ssh! when tinkering around I'm always logged in to inspect the file system or so
- A wiki that tells me how to port my existing knowledge of python and C++ coding to this phone.
- ipython
- vim
- gnuplot

It took me only three days to know this phone inside out, since I'm a Linux user for five years now and was running ubuntu and debian for 1.5 years.

I expected this feeling of familiarity and it was the reason why i choose the N900 over an Android phone.

As you guys experienced as well some things are far from being perfect. I.e. except for sharing, none of the ovi offerings work and I still see no easy way to sync with my kde-PIM stuff.

However, the pros outweight this cons by far and for me this phone/mobile_computer has no alternatives.

Best,
-- Maik

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Android via the HTC G1 aka Dream

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
siemens s35 -> ericsson t39 -> nokia 6610 -> panasonic gd87 ->sharp gx30 -> Nokia n-gage -> htc prophet (qtek s200) ->samsung D820 -> nokia N81 8gb -> N95 -> N95 8gb -> 5800xm

hell of a trip... I still have to try android and something apple (ipod touch to get a taste of mac os - is there anything android with about 200$?)
________
Paxil Lawyer

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:23.

I had a 3 Skype Phone from Amoi.. It served its purpose for 2 years i.e. Free Skype calls

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
just a fun thread to see what u gave up for your beatiful n900?
iPhone. Left it in a cab during Gran Canaria Desktop Summit and haven't looked back

my brother has an htc hd2 [leo] but he really likes my n900... altough he says he would never change! :P we all know what goes inside of him seeing the multi tasking, media playback and all the cool mods because hd2 was supposed to be a very personalized phone ... too bad nokia / maemo / linux shattered their dreams with fully customized 4 panel panorama desktop with tweakable shortcuts and contacts and all the lovely things we have...