Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
the new format is not replacing the old one. Apparently youtube will provide it as an additional format to please iphone audience (and maybe some other audiences as well). It's the h.264 format and while mplayer is able to decode it, it's not fast enough to be useful. Youtube will retain the flash video format, so from the uktube perspective nothing changes. Youtube offers even currentlyvideos in a third format, 3gp videos from the youtube mobile, but their quality is so horrible, that no-one will want to watch them.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Kottori...... You have prompted me to pst. Uktube is really great!
But can you add support for directly playing saved videos 16:9 ratio?
That would be great! |||
thank u for this wonderful application!!!

sachin007:
I would like to make the app in longer strides, but it seems that there are so many smallish things to do that I think I'll still have to move in small steps. I'll try to make the uktube application to list the saved files and let you play them through uktube (that way you'd get the 16:9 playback for saved files as well). If all goes well, it'll be ready by tomorrow. I'll also try to add support for dailymotion.

Konttori:

Thanks for making (for me at least) The killer app for the 770! your work breathed new life into my likkle machine! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to any updates you bring out!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Thanks for this great little app! Releas 0.2 wasn't working for me but I upgraded to 0.3 yesterday and now I am a happier man

Omar

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I didn't see how to paste in a url. Did I miss something?

Click on the text field and the keyboard will pop up. Now, under shift button there is a menu button. Click that and click paste. I'll try to make this faster and easier for the next release (so that you only need tto click on the text field and it'll paste automatically)

Done! Next version now has a paste button. Thanks for the good idea! I'll release it later today or tomorrow.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Done! Next version now has a paste button. Thanks for the good idea! I'll release it later today or tomorrow.
I know it could seem very little, but IMHO this will be a great improvement (in fact, triggering the virtual keyboard and pasting, needed the stylus because of the small area involved..)

All right people. New version is now out.
Download from:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...-uktube0.4.deb
Very sweet update.
Supports now also dailymotion pages.
A new button for easier and faster pasting of the url.
A new drop down for playing already downloaded clips from the mmc.

A note on the dailymotion. Clips from there contain stereo sound, which is especially nice for music videos and trailers.