Hey guys,

First, sorry if this is in the wrong section.. I also tried looking for this in Bugzilla and on here, with no luck..

Last night when I went to sleep, I set teh alarm on teh N900 and then pressed the power button and 'locked screen and keys'.

This morning, the alarm went off as expected, but although the display was on, I couldnt silence the alarm, or unlock the screen to press anything!! - Now my sleepy state my have altered this a little.. but I tried the power button (which brought up the slider to unlock, but didnt respond to touch!), clicking on the blurred background, clikcing the stop botton (for the alarm).. it was all completely unresponsive, all the while the alarm went off until it decided to stop by itself.

Finally, at that point, I was able to unlock the screen!!

- Going back to bed, after not locking the screen and keys, and waking up to my second alarm was fine.. as I didnt lock it, the screen was reative, and i turned the alarm off with no trouble.

I will test this further when not at work, but in teh mean time.. has anyone else experianced this? - should Iog a bug?

The Following User Says Thank You to Psy-Clone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chesterfield, England
Hello there, I've had this happen several times, screen completely locks can't snooze or cancel.....very odd!!!

So, in your experiance, is it intermittent? - I had it happen the first time I used the alarm!!

I've had alarms come up before the unlock screen came up, I think. Odd as well, but does make sense in some dimension - if I am in a meeting I need to quickly silence an alarm and don't want to enter my unlock code first.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chesterfield, England
Yes, I'd say it happens every one in three times I use the alarm function. Several times I've had to take the battery out because there was no other option.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Already in bugzilla, I remember it being tied with snooze and modal windows.

ETA: Maybe This?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-02-26 at 19:01.

Hi,
Any solution for this? had my whole house woken up today morning because of this bug... Happened to me twice now.

Thanks.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Workaround: Disable the RSS feed widget on the desktop.
See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8002 . A proper fix will be included in the next update, see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8115 .