Active Topics

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post
We run a Zimbra Server that I have synced successfully with an iPhone 3G, Google Nexus One and Motorola Droid using activesync. I set up the N900 using the usual credentials and as others have mentioned the last 10 or so emails have the dreaded "no recipient" and the messages are blank.
Do you run Zimbra Server v5 or v6? There's a bug filed in bugzilla which eventually says some Zimbra sync issues are relevant with backend v5 and fixed with v6.

I'm exactly in the same situation with the same behavior and waiting for my Zimbra provider to upgrade to v6.

Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
Do you run Zimbra Server v5 or v6? There's a bug filed in bugzilla which eventually says some Zimbra sync issues are relevant with backend v5 and fixed with v6.

I'm exactly in the same situation with the same behavior and waiting for my Zimbra provider to upgrade to v6.
It's running through a service provider. They are using v5. An upgrade is imminent. However, if that doesn't fix it, I have what is essentially a useless piece of equipment since I need Exchange to function properly. Fortunately, I got the device at Amazon and unless there is a fix soon, it will be going back since this is my primary business mobile device.

I've tried everything.

All I keep getting when it tries to connect (after entering server details) is:

"Either exchange server requires a secure connection or your account it disabled"

- we're using Exchange 2007

- I've copied and installed our self signed certificate but still it wont work.

Can anyone help? It's driving me mad!!!

http://wiki.maemo.org/Mail_for_Excha..._MfE_client.3F

Does your Exchange server require provisioning? If so, I can see that being a problem.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Connecting to Exchange 2007 - How do you get it to work???" with one post has been merged into this thread.

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by badboyhouse View Post
I've tried everything.

All I keep getting when it tries to connect (after entering server details) is:

"Either exchange server requires a secure connection or your account it disabled"

- we're using Exchange 2007

- I've copied and installed our self signed certificate but still it wont work.

Can anyone help? It's driving me mad!!!
Sorry to tell you, but you are a victim of NOKIAs business model that N900 is geared towards teenagers and unemployed........

This is just lunacy though - the damn option for Exchange is there, it's got the same settings that work on blackberries and iphones but it simply won't work.

How can Nokia get away with it???

This is just lunacy though - the damn option for Exchange is there, it's got the same settings that work on blackberries and iphones but it simply won't work.

You are not alone bro. My N900 is in the box due to this lunacy. I have even written on the blog of their leader, Jaaksi, with no response..............it was a device not meant for professionals.......

Make no mistake, MfE does work. However the N900 gives the user too much control for them to legitimately respond to the Exchange server that it supports provisioning in any fashion.

Frankly, if provisioning and mobile access are -required- by your employer, they should provide the device.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Make no mistake, MfE does work. However the N900 gives the user too much control for them to legitimately respond to the Exchange server that it supports provisioning in any fashion.

Frankly, if provisioning and mobile access are -required- by your employer, they should provide the device.
If iphone can provide it, I would expect N900 to do an even better job.......however, did not happen

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!