Active Topics

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The overall article is not disputable, but some details are:

N-Gage was first a gaming hardware platform, then a software platform, not a single game.

And Nokia did not lag with sliders. I think most of us know who made the "Matrix phone".

You'd think an analyst would get his details right, given that info is just a click away...
I remember laughing at the N-Gage when it first came out to compete with Nintendo (and Sega's?) handhelds. I didn't know anything about Nokia then (didn't even know until I found the n800).

Well that's probably untrue, I'm sure I saw a Nokia phone somewhere, it just never came to mind.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I remember laughing at the N-Gage when it first came out to compete with Nintendo (and Sega's?) handhelds. I didn't know anything about Nokia then (didn't even know until I found the n800).

Well that's probably untrue, I'm sure I saw a Nokia phone somewhere, it just never came to mind.
Apple just announced 10,000,000,0000 th song downloaded from itunes........how many from OVI?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I like how you slipped that extra zero in. Clever.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I like how you slipped that extra zero in. Clever.
Thanks for pointing the mistake

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
Apple just announced 10,000,000,0000 th song downloaded from itunes........how many from OVI?
I'll feed the troll...

Different companies and different business. How many dumb phones has Apple sold?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
I'll feed the troll...

Different companies and different business. How many dumb phones has Apple sold?
They arent selling any pennies...

Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
No way! Apple has a place I can download lots of music from!?! Awesome! I want to introduce my son to some classic Beatles albums. Oh, whoops.

That makes iTunes a complete fail for me.........................

Must only be for teenagers...........................

GTFOL

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
Thread title needs to be renamed as it's misleading and is also a troll magnet.
...and that was the point.

The title is not attracting trolls, the title is the bait that the OP is using to attract dissenting posts.
The OP is trolling for a response. He is the troll... and a sad, sad, excuse for a productive community member.
In fact this whole thread brings a tear to my eye when I look at the number of posts it generated.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
...and that was the point.

The title is not attracting trolls, the title is the bait that the OP is using to attract dissenting posts.
The OP is trolling for a response. He is the troll... and a sad, sad, excuse for a productive community member.
In fact this whole thread brings a tear to my eye when I look at the number of posts it generated.
Every article talks about the iphone jolt that is changing NOKIA.....the post is a link to NOKIA's own leadership admitting that the center of gravity shifted to Silicon Valley.........and hopefully NOKIA learns something useful. They have nice devices, their software engineers are still struggling with the complexities of the high end phones......

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
On one hand I'd like to find (and exercise) if there's any forum rules that can be used to kick out obvious trolls...

...but on the other hand, if you don't have enough self control to resist the bait, then you had it coming....
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!