Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

ok so after taking my phone to a repair center last week and them ringing me to tell me it would need to go to nokia to have it repaired i had the phone posted back to me and backed up all my data

i arranged via the nokia website for ups to come and collect my phone(im still waiting been in all day so far) im hopeing they will repair it once they recieve it as the people at care center never told me it wasnt covered under warranty

within a week should have a update

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Haus3r View Post
It appears the issue has been resolved. Brian should receive a n900 shortly. Hurray!
That was relieving to read... but it still irks me that the guy took an obstructionist stand from the start and for too long refused to reconsider his invalid position in the face of mounting evidence. Extremely poor customer service.

But then... that seems to be the norm for this issue, doesn't it...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
ok so after taking my phone to a repair center last week and them ringing me to tell me it would need to go to nokia to have it repaired i had the phone posted back to me and backed up all my data

i arranged via the nokia website for ups to come and collect my phone(im still waiting been in all day so far) im hopeing they will repair it once they recieve it as the people at care center never told me it wasnt covered under warranty

within a week should have a update
I'm in the same boat, sent mine back last thursday checked status it says inspecting or repairing device.i let you know the outcome.

Originally Posted by jdave76 View Post
I'm in the same boat, sent mine back last thursday checked status it says inspecting or repairing device.i let you know the outcome.
well ups finally came and collected about half hour ago u will definatly have to post how u get on as i feel i may be on the verge of war with nokia if this doesnt get repaired/replaced

Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
well ups finally came and collected about half hour ago u will definatly have to post how u get on as i feel i may be on the verge of war with nokia if this doesnt get repaired/replaced
They collected mine late in the day as well thought they were not going to turn up. Read several forums and blogs, i think nokia are slowly accepting responsibility. I’ll let you know how i get on, fingers crossed

I returned my n900 today. It was sad to see it go, but I could not live with the fact that I had a ticking time-bomb in my possession, and it could go off anytime, without a good solution to fix the problem at hand. I don't think I will give up on nokia just yet, but they have disappointed me so much the last year or so. Its back to my e71 for now, but I already miss my n900

My N900 stopped taking a charge this past weekend, I can get it to light up like it is going to take a charge, but it never actually charges up. It will endlessly cycle in and out of the charge startup screen. I'm not sure if this is a usb connector problem or not, mine seems a little off but not detached by any means.

In any event, it is going back to Nokia for repair/replacement today.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
phew!
Preordered my phone from nokias online-store in sweden and a couple of weeks ago my USB-port just fell out from the phone right after i removed the USB-cable after charging it.
Left the phone to a Nokia-repairshop and after reading this thread i was convinced i would have to pay for the repairs.
But when i got it back today they said that they had replaced the motherboard with a new one and that i didn't have to pay anything !!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sula For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Congratulations, all!

It looks more and more like this issue is "over the hump". I'm disappointed in the time it took to get here but pleased with the outcome. Nokia is doing the right thing, just slow about it.

I will write up a post mortem on my blog soon.

I want to commend the people in this thread for keeping it on an even keel despite a truly serious product failure and initial poor response from Nokia. Your approach to this debacle is, overall, a great example of how to successfully resolve such a conflict.

Kudos, everyone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
what motherboard why does the issue damage the mother board i mean if my usb port gets broken i cant fix it only fix the port like how much do i have to pay or i must change the whole board ( am in a country i didnt purchase the n900 from ) thats why im concerned i dont have warrenty here !! what do u suggest and btw i did grind my charger pretty well does that fix the problem permenantly and btw i looked the the usb port of my friend and his looks much more solid and more inside the body case then mine why is that does that mean mine have a failure or its the same thanks

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty