Closed Thread
This is starting to get ridiculous. Nokia need to sort themselves out.

Bah, going to have to just flash to global.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
When PR1.2 will be available to the customers?

When Nokia is good and ready

Oh great, here we go again, you could pretty much delete the last 40 pages and you wouldn't really loose any useful information.

Anyway, I like how people use the term 'OTA', this isn't OTA in the usual meaning, this update comes from the internet just like when you are doing Windows Updates, it's just like downloading an application.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
Anyway, I like how people use the term 'OTA', this isn't OTA in the usual meaning, this update comes from the internet just like when you are doing Windows Updates, it's just like downloading an application.
As opposed to which other OTA method that doesn't use packet data? I'm downloading the updates via 3G, which is certainly OTA.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
As opposed to which other OTA method that doesn't use packet data? I'm downloading the updates via 3G, which is certainly OTA.
I agree with you it's still technically OTA.

But in terms of other methods (not specific to mobile phones) there is an OTA update feature for things such as PVRs.

Back to the matter at hand. Rather than read through dozens of pages, what's going on with the UK release of this firmware?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Back to the matter at hand. Rather than read through dozens of pages, what's going on with the UK release of this firmware?
Nobody knows for sure. Earlier on in the thread there's a report from someone who'd asked Nokia Support about this and been told that, due to some unspecified bug, the UK firmware release was being held back and rolled in with the PR1.2 release. I've asked for more info on the UK firmware bug entry, but have had no response yet.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Nothing. Still not got my update. I just got a replacement N900 (this time its a UK one) and still havent got the last update.

It's no big deal as there werent any noticeable improvements (performance or battery) but as long as the *important* updates are distributed at the same time globally - no need to re-flash to global version.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Coming soon...

Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
Coming soon...
So's Christmas

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update