Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
If iphone can provide it, I would expect N900 to do an even better job.......however, did not happen
The implicit assumption with the iPhone is that the user has no real control over the device and for the vast majority of users this is true and jailbroken devices should be banned by your admins.

The N900 implicitly assumes the user can and will gain root access ti the system, which totally defeats the purpose of requiring provisioning.

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
The implicit assumption with the iPhone is that the user has no real control over the device and for the vast majority of users this is true and jailbroken devices should be banned by your admins.

The N900 implicitly assumes the user can and will gain root access ti the system, which totally defeats the purpose of requiring provisioning.
Cant you comparmentalize provisioning to Mfe??

Not when the user is assumed to have root access. You could try, but I could just compromise the communication and prevent any deletes/wipes.

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Not when the user is assumed to have root access. You could try, but I could just compromise the communication and prevent any deletes/wipes.
That is too bad. No matter the reason, people assumed that it will do the same as iphone, droid, and E series devices.........lot of angry people over this issue.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Not usually - the provisioning levels mostly required are password restrictions, remote lock & remote wipe (though there's something like 27 different provisioning options). You could probably manage remote wipe through MfE (of contacts/calendar anyway), but not the others.

EDIT: Oh, and if this is an issue for you, please make sure to vote for the relevant bug

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Not usually - the provisioning levels mostly required are password restrictions, remote lock & remote wipe (though there's something like 27 different provisioning options). You could probably manage remote wipe through MfE (of contacts/calendar anyway), but not the others.

EDIT: Oh, and if this is an issue for you, please make sure to vote for the relevant bug
Guys, there's plenty of you *****ing about the provisionning issue but only 4 votes on the bug...

PLEASE VOTE !!

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8452

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
i'm confused... NHS.net is exch 2007 - and has provisioning, yet i can happily use it and wipe my device remotely - maybe i'm just the lucky one
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I have a problem now I finally got the Exchange connector working

It works fine if I connect to the wireless in our office on our LAN, but I get an error when I try and syncronize at home via my wireless

the dns name is the same both publicly and internally, so there shouldnt be any difference other than I get the following

Exchange Account Disabled. Access Refused

Also what is strange is that under the Exchange Mailbox on the N900 the sent items show the sent items from my hotmail mailbox

I made a post over here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=24 but was not sure if that was the right place for it. Anyway to re cap...
If I go into Mail for exchange and click on "Full resynchronization" The Gui shows the initializing works, but when it gets to the Cal and Tasks it hangs at about 98%.
If I do just contacts by its self it works seems to be no problems.
I have tried to delete all appointment and tasks on the n900 and re-sync, but the same thing happens.
So as of now the Cal sync is messed up for me. Is there something I can delete? or a log somewhere I can look at? Run it from command line?

Never mind. I deleted /home/user/.calendar/calendarb
and now everything works.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!