Notices

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ athens/greece
no map loader working at least for devices shipped to greece. either vista, xp or windows 7-crosschecked.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
no, it's not.

i had to surf to nokiausa.com specifically, because nokia.de only offered an older, incompatible version.

that was 3 weeks ago.
Well, I've just redownloaded and it's still the identical file I got from Nokia UK site late last year.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
same here. give us a link and the release you have please.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
the map loader keep saying me that it's either an obsolete version of ovi maps, or that i've never opened it 0_0
they say to try in mass storage mode, and when you do this, they say to connect on pc suite mode...
WTF ?

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
yeah can you please post the link, the only think avaliable for nokia 900 is a firmware updater, thats the only software listed on nokiausa.com for n900

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-.../n900/software

Well, downloaded it...unfortunately not work

Ops! take back my word....it does work...You need to put in a microSD card and connect as USB storage.

Last edited by radiowc; 2010-03-22 at 15:26.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Originally Posted by titi974 View Post
the map loader keep saying me that it's either an obsolete version of ovi maps, or that i've never opened it 0_0
they say to try in mass storage mode, and when you do this, they say to connect on pc suite mode...
WTF ?
yeah it does not work another joke, keep up the good job lol

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Maine
It took a few tries but it seems to be working. I am on a Mac and had to first plug in the USB cable, select PC Suite Mode, and then start up the map loader. It has been running for about 1.75 hours and is about 45% through step 1, deleting the old map files. It says it can take a long time and it means it. I will post more when I have some results, one way or the other.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
It works fine for me on XP - connect in mass storage mode and then launch it. Apparently there's issues on Vista and Win 7 though.

they removed the link from the main maemo page.. :P
so its not working 100%