Originally Posted by Christocar View Post
Does this thing play MKVs? Nice! I didnt know that!

I use mine for playing DJ Mixes from Panucci (so it resumes nicely) and watching TV shows on the train to work in the morning. Great device!
yes...install extra decoder support from extras and then install mplayer and KMplayer from extras and then go...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mazi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
LOL! Dont loose your device man!
LOL! I know! Backups every week and plenty of insurance! lol

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by davedickson View Post
LOL! I know! Backups every week and plenty of insurance! lol
LOL!! men you sounded like you pay more on insurance than the device itself!!

its my primary device so i use everythng that n900 has to offer from a half bake phone to the power of hacks ... im loving it btw i do wish the battery to last longer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vietn900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
its my primary device so i use everythng that n900 has to offer from a half bake phone to the power of hacks ... im loving it btw i do wish the battery to last longer
i believe that the processor makes the battery to drain fast, my 5800 xm lasts for 2 and a half days of max use running on the same battery as the n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
LOL!! men you sounded like you pay more on insurance than the device itself!!
Got a good deal with the bank so its all included with my account, but your right I would be lost without it now! lol

Had the N95 before and it was a great phone but this thing has pretty much replaced everything I travel with. For example went to the States a month or so ago normal procedure would be laptop bag packed full of external hard drives with movies and tunes coming out my ears!! Not anymore......

Checked in online...on the device no less lol..... airport....headphones in and had a world of entertainment at the push of a button, watched enough TV series' so swapped out one 16Gb card full of TV for one of my movies SD cards, watched a few, caught up with a bit of work using email, finished off a few reports using open office (easy debian), then onto the plane, why use Air France's fancy touchscreen seat screens when you have one of your own!

Little bit of music over dinner, and finished off my appointments in the calanders before landing.....grabed the local phone number for Ambassador cars in Houston off the Internet (because I had forgot to take it with me) and confirmed my taxi to the hotel, on the taxi journey checked my work emails and confirmed appointments by phone and email.

Check in to Hilton Southwest.... sleep...... get up..... phone the missus..... pint with guys (couple of photos - why not it's your first day back in the States)......... what a journey............

......... and all that with something that fits in my pocket.... can't get better than that LOL

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davedickson For This Useful Post:
i believe that the processor makes the battery to drain fast, my 5800 xm lasts for 2 and a half days of max use running on the same battery as the n900.
Your probably right the hardware is definatly taking more out of the battery.. however for me, I don't need it to last more than 12-16 hours, because I will always have somewhere to charge it, be it the office or home, I haven't been caught with no battery yet, haven't even got it low enough for an alert.

That's a point does it even give you an alert on low battery??

yea thats why i just order an oem battery and external batt charger for my car so i can just pop a fresh one in if i need to

Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
yea thats why i just order an oem battery and external batt charger for my car so i can just pop a fresh one in if i need to
Extra batteries are great for travelling....trust me... but normal use, phone comes out of the charger at home into the charger in the car then into the USB on the laptop lol it never has a chance to die! lol

i just have in my bag a dc-11, wall cahrger and usb cable (extra power) coz im kinda lazy of taking off the battery, so i make sure that i have options of charging without removing the battery