Active Topics

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
Well reflashing your device probably won't help cuz there is nothing wrong with the device. You need to be careful when you're entering your email somewhere. It's definitely a virus. And N900's email client is not so good. You can just delete the account from your device. Or create a new account and transfer all your friends to that one, and then be more careful to whom you're giving your email.
You a Windows user by any chance? How can you be so sure it's a virus?

Linux doesn't get viruses.
It is still possible to be spammed or phished though, and to receive virus infected attachments which can easily be forwarded to your contacts. So you need to be vigilant, but it ain't a virus!

Funny though!

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Don't expect me to explain that rootkit here in detail. :-P
We'll give you chocolates.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
thnks...but this aint a virus....this is simple email i received about the bug i voted for.
The irony was tht the bug 'worked' at that very moment only.!

rectification of the same is still in question..!!!

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Definitely virus related. Have you got good A/V software installed on your N900?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Definitely virus related. Have you got good A/V software installed on your N900?
what av software is available for n900.??
i didnt come across any..!
pls suggest.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
It is possible to be a theme error, not an os one. Set the default nokia theme back.