Active Topics

Notices

I've updated maemo5 in application manager (92.7MB). After downloading I can not access to my device. It means when I turn on my n900 just it shows: Installing softwear updating. please do not interrupt
I left it for 6 hrs but nothing.
If anybody knows what can I do, pls let me know
cheers.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
did ur battery run out whilst installing firmware?

No I didnt.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
im no expert mate. only had phone a couple of weeks. first time with maemo and linux.

have u downloaded apps from testing cat?
your root fs could be too full to install the update, ive heard u need about 40mb free...

you could just flash the eMMC and flash the latest firmware onto your phone. would prob be the fastest way to resolve the problem.

you can free up rootfs space using a couple of commands in xterm...

im at work now. got a few links on my home pc that could help you out. if no ones helped ill send u them later, when i get home from work! hope ur problems sorted soon....

try browsing forum for similar problems as urs.... bound to be something mate.

stefan

cheers mate, I'm waiting

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ India
i would say, reflash firmware.. if you have the phone restarting woes after that.. flash the emmc file as well.. it will be fine after that...

unfortunately I didn't that. Somebody told me maybe I have to format it I have so many data on my n900

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by kamyar View Post
I've updated maemo5 in application manager (92.7MB).
From which version to which version?
And how exactly did you update?

Originally Posted by kamyar View Post
It means when I turn on my n900 just it shows: Installing softwear updating. please do not interrupt
This sounds very weird, as the N900 should not turn *off* when updating (and turning off is required to turn it on, right?).
Exact steps would be welcome.

Dear Andre,
I didn't remember which version was. I went to application manager and then updating, there were 5-6 items for updating. one of them was Maemo 5 with 92.7MB, the file was downloaded after 7 hrs, then n900 was installing for 6 hrs but I couldn't get my phone. for example at this moment n900 is connected to my laptop but the laptob dosent know this device. On the screen of n900 shows installing softwear updating. Please do not interrupt.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
I have just gotten my replacement phone after a USB issue.

I am not able to see any option to update.

It is currently running 2.2009.51-1.203.2 I think that is PR1.0

But when I go to the app manager I see no update

Any ideas