Active Topics

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Maine
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Or just learn to double-press the on/off button as you put it in your pocket - instant screen lock...
While I do try to do this, there are times I may forget. Also when the phone rings the screen turns on with no input. Lastly, should someone borrow my phone, they won't be aware of this and I have had entire work spaces deleted. Personally I would like to see a "swipe to enable" for things like answering the phone or editing the desktop.

The proximity sensor is activated when the phone rings, so the screen shouldn't be unlocked, but I know some people have issues with declining calls as they take the phone out of their pockets.

I haven't had any problems with desktops getting deleted, but the more options and customisability the better This might be worth a brainstorm entry, if you don't want to go with the stuff that Matan has made possible with his modified-hildon-desktop.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
modified-hildon-desktop (in my repository, see signature) has an option to disable desktop edit mode.
Excellent - I'll give that a try. Are there any implications for future firmware updates - will they break this?

A future update that will include new version of hildon-desktop (PR1.1.1 did not) will overwrite modified-hildon-desktop, so you will lose the enhanced features (such as disabled edit mode) until you install a new version of modified hildon desktop. for the upcoming PR1.2 I expect to have a new version ready when the update will be available, or at most shortly after that.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Just installed it - does exactly what I need. Many thanks.