Originally Posted by anti-dualism View Post
Hi,

Where did you get this from and how much did it cost?
Well,it's a magnetic case, so in order to prevent my n900 start acting "funny", I always block screen and keys before putting it and put it with the screen facing myself.

I paid around 20 bucks for it, but in a local store (I live in Peru). I checked in ebay, and the prices are not fix and depend of the seller, many of them from HK (between 5 to 20 dollars).

I'll check more about problem with magnetic cases.

Greetings

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Valencia (Spain)
Originally Posted by anti-dualism View Post
Here i go again

Does any one have this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Real-Leather-M...item439cb9ccce

case for the n900?
It does have a magnetic closure at the front but that can be solved by placing the screen towards your body.

Any thoughts?
The magnetic sensor is very sensitive, and I'm considering seriously to extract the magnetic clips of my wonderful leather pouch .

It seems that the sensor is in the area below the "Nseries" logo.

My main problem is that the N900 can get unlocked when I put in the pouch, and any desktop widget can be clicked.

Before buying the pouch, I recommend to get a weak magnet and test yourself.

Regards,
Àngel

How about the B4 EASECASE? Anybody tried that?

It has the closure in the center. I passed a magnet down the center in landscape, front & back, with no effect. Unless there's another issue with magnetic field exposure, is seems like this case might work nicely for our N900s.

Plus, I like that it has the hole in the bottom to help extract the N900.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Thessaloniki Greece
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
OK here you are. Sorry it took a while because I had to borrow a camera (the N900 is normally my camera).

For those who weren't following the previous discussions, I've summarised the product after the photos. I'm not connected to the product in any way except as a customer.

Covers separately, off the N900, outside-up:
Attachment 4959

Covers separately, off the N900, inside-up:
Attachment 4960

N900 with covers snapped on, screen side:
Attachment 4961

N900 with covers snapped on, keyboard open:
Attachment 4962

N900 with covers snapped on, camera side:
Attachment 4963

This is the Qubits Hybrid Armour Soft Touch Case with Screen Protector from Amazon UK. The total cost for the case and screen protector (including shipping!) was only £3.40. It arrived two days after I ordered it.

The screen protector came with an anti-static dust cloth which worked really well for cleaning the screen prior to application. Positioning the screen protector was much easier than the DuraSec which I have on my N810 (or maybe I was just lucky).

The screen protector has a great feel (smooth but not slippery) and I don't notice any reduction in sensitivity whether using finger or stylus. It has small cutouts around all the sensors and also around the little NOKIA bezel.

Included in the price is a two-part plastic "soft touch" case. It's a semi-hard ploastic case in two parts, with a rubbery coating on the outside surfaces. The top part clips around the screen, protecting the sides of the screen and providing a raised bezel effect (but the bezel doesn't go right up to the display area so it doesn't have the problems of the N8x0 bezels). The bottom part clips around the keyboard with cutouts for all the sockets and controls.

Before I had this case I was worried about getting out the slippery N900 when walking along, in case I dropped it. The case gives much better grip and I'm not at all concerned now.

There are three minor downsides though. First, it adds a millimetre of thickness (maybe even 1.5mm) but only at the front. At the back, it doesn't make it as thick as the existing camera protruberance. Second, when you open the keyboard, the presense of the top half of the case slightly reduces the "free space for fat fingers" above the top row of keys. I don't find this a problem, but for some people it might be a slight inconvenience. Third, it makes it slightly fiddlier to deploy the kickstand.

Regards,
Roger
I am condidering of buying this myself. Is this all I need to protect my phone and the screen? Do I need anything else? Thanks

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Calgary
Well, I shelled out on the Martin Fields screen protector (which with shipping cost me $25 CAD). Today I opened a package and applied it, and the opening for the front camera does not match the camera!

What the heck?? Anybody else has the same problem?

Other than that, this screen protector is very nice and crystal clear.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vitusya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I've just got the same Martin Fields protector, which I agree is very good quality (I've used them for a couple of previous devices now). The hole is for the proximity sensor, not the camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Calgary
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I've just got the same Martin Fields protector, which I agree is very good quality (I've used them for a couple of previous devices now). The hole is for the proximity sensor, not the camera.
Thanks for clarification. I just received a reply from Martin Fields (how prompt of them!) with essentially the same information.

*Sigh of relief*

Suede cases by sfbags.com

the direct links dont seem to work.

Last edited by di1in; 2010-03-12 at 14:58.

Could you indicate the model number? This looks OK. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
I personally use this Case Logic case. It fits the n900 like a glove! I'm not sure if I could have found a better case, I really love it.

Edit: it comes with a large belt loop, so you can use it with any belt; also, it has a vertical position.

Rather than a new topic, I'll post here.

I'm having some bad luck with screen protectors. My first one didn't even fit the screen, was too big, and one side cut wonkey!

The second was a dust magnet on the sticky side, which causes masses of bubbles that were unable to push out, also seemed to scratch easy too.

I'm onto my 3rd one now and this is what I got:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product

The problem is that it makes the screen "blurry", so smaller text appears fuzzy and harder to read.

Is this a common problem with anti-reflective / anti-glare protectors? There is a clear version by the company, so I may purchase that one instead.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector