HI all, I was wondering on what I should do with the charging adapter than came with the N900.

Here is the end result of charging for 4 hours using the adapter and the charger used was provided with my old N95.

Sorry for the big photos, but what should I do? Will Nokia even care? By the way, the macs not mine I hate these things.

Many regards, Tom.

Last edited by noya; 2010-03-06 at 16:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
I've been charging my N900 with that adapter connected to my old N95 charger for a few hours now and it's not even slightly hot, I'll keep track of its temperature tonight but I think you've gotten a faulty one.

You should contact Nokia, I don't thing they'll make a big deal of it, they we're really easy when it came to repairing my N95 some time ago

The Following User Says Thank You to lennartb For This Useful Post:
I'd definitely send it back to nokia. The included charge adapter is covered by the warranty.

Even if you never intend to charge with the adapter again I would send it back just so that nokia can see for themselves that they can fail. Maybe they'll redesign it for the next gen.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
This is common though, the charger getting hot? Just not on the scale of it melting like mine has. I shall be writing to Nokia to see what they say on the matter.

Anyone else experienced this melting problem?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
That is some mess. I have experienced that adapter bit getting hot with the charger i use with the N96. However, it has never *yet* got to the point of making the plastic go soft / melt.

But now I've seen what can happen, i'll keep an eye on it.

Last edited by pacarey; 2010-03-06 at 17:12.

I noticed mine getting hot but not hot enough to melt. The charger I use is the one that came with the N810.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Just for the sake of some clarity, I use that adapter with a Nokia ACP-12X charger - output of 5.7V @ 800mA - Which does get hot, but not to the point of melting.

Just out of curiosity Noya, what charger are you using?

I'm using the charger than came with my old N95 (may she rest in peace). It's an AC-5X (UK 3pin).

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
the adapter witch comes with n97 has the same issue.... i ve thought they fixed it....

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I returned my adapter after a couple of days of use as it was very loud, especially while reaching 100% charge. Maybe that was the right decision...

The Following User Says Thank You to mrp For This Useful Post: