I used to have a bad experience with the ads on this site until I installed fakeweb (http://fakeweb.garage.maemo.org/) and used a custom hosts file for ad-blocking. Beware of overwriting your own hosts file when installing, in case you've modified it yourself.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Is it the ads that make it double load? I have used privoxy to stop the ads and I seem to remember it still double loading. At any rate - it's still a great site.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Same here, whenever I come here with my 770 I wonder why the default theme doesnt work really well. fonts small (good to read but hard to klick the "< 1 2 3 >"-links, front page loads twice ...

its a bit irritating but not a major issue. maybe the next redesign can fix this.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ liverpool
Yes i can confirm my n800 double loads this site as well.

cheers

the homepage is only viewable in the dark theme. so double loading is not solved by changing the theme. i'll stop worrying about this...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
would be also great if the frontpage didn't contain quite so many news items. Or it could be that only the latest is displayed in full and others would contain only ingress.

I guess I've been making these remarks ever since the early 770 and ITT days... The "go to first unread" icon for each thread is also tiny and hard to hit accurately, and that's become worse with the new dark theme, not better... And the "mobile" theme is quite broken ("view new posts", etc.).

It's strange because the equivalent forum for the Zaurus line (http://www.oesf.org/forums/) is no less complex or feauture-rich, and it works much better on the tablet.

No problem here at all.

Just use a minimum font size for opera and/or use Optimized View from the menu.

Then this site is easy to read.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Me too... I do not fully understand what do you mean by saying "double load", for me as soon as I press the home icon it loads, then I see it shift to the bottom of the screen, then up again...

It loads, and then just at the end it seems to clear the screen and reload very quickly - I think perhaps you are describing this. It's just odd. BTW - it is relatively easy to read - that's not my problem. I just would have thought that this site, including the home page, would be streamlined for the ITs - and not just in mobile mode. I really will stop worrying about this... mostly because I couldn't have done any better... ;-)